620 film

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I just won an auction for a Brownie Six-20 (Model E) on ebay. It cost me $5.50AU... I haven't got the camera yet - but I have read up & I need 620 film for it... Anyone know where I can get some?

Ebay has some stuff - all mostly very out of date... (I found one for 3 rolls from 1953)

Do you think it would still be okay? I am not too worried about if the colours would be funny or anything like that, as I have actually been thinking about buying some old film to get an old look...

What would you say the limit would be?

I have found some sites on the net that say that you can use 120 film if the top is shortened... And I have found some places that sell it... Generally around US$5 (about $8-$9AU)... Now thats not too bad... But then theres the postage. Which I have worked out to be around $20. Which bumps a roll of film up to about $30... That's pretty expensive for films...

Anyone have any ideas on what to do? Or know of anywhere in Australia that might sell 620 film?

Thanks!
Alecia

The most economical method of using 620 film, is to respool your own using 120 film and 620 spools. There are several different methods on several web sites. Here is one: http://www.inficad.com/~gstewart/respool.htm
Though this process may look difficult, after some practice it only takes about 5 to 10 minutes to respool a film.

fadingaway1986 said:
_ _ _I have found some sites on the net that say that you can use 120_ _ _

120-rolls will work in some 620-roll cameras, with out any changes.
So first try the 120-roll. If that does not work then look at the other option

Thanks guys...

I will get a roll of 120 film & some...

P Bailey - I have just read through that site. seems helpfull... But I am thinking I should have bought those old films to practice with!

Oh well...

Hopefully some more will come on ebay soon...

Jeff - do you think I should give 120 a go first? It won't ruin the camera will it?

You will need a practice film. The old film might be stiff and therefore not good for practice. I would just buy one roll of the cheapest film available for practice.
Try the 120 film. It won't damage your camera. If it doesn't fit well enough it won't turn. Do not force the film advance knob if it seems tight.

Most reactions

Back