$650 Nikon D90 Good Price?

LindseyC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wedding photographers are offering to sell me their D90...they've had it for about a year and haven't used it much. They're asking $650 for the camera and a 70-300mm lens.

I'm a beginner, but looking to get into event photography eventually.

After looking online, it looks like this is a good price. Any advice?

Seems like a very solid price to me if it is in good shape. They go for about $780 new body only.

PS.............Also, I know I'll have to upgrade the lens, got some excellent advice here a few months ago. I've been doing some serious shopping around and thought this was a good deal for a starter camera.

Make sure it doesn't have like 50,000 pictures taken on it.

I paid more then that for mine! I'd say snatch it up! Good Deal! As long as it's not been used to death.. a year in wedding photography is a hell of a lot of pics!!

As has been said, they're selling brand new, body-only, for around $800. I think $650 is a great price. If you can have them take a picture WITH the camera, you can view the embedded EXIF data and verify exactly how many pictures have been taken with it, as well as the serial number, if you want to verify it's a US model.

if you want to verify it's a US model.
because Nikon USA service won't work on if it isn't, even if it no longer has a warranty.

Also there are 2 versions of the 70-300 mm lens. The earlier version is worth about $100 used, the newer version with VR is worth $450 used.

Check out the actuations as mentioned and the version of the lens. I believe the earlier model had lots of issues while the VR model is quite nice. Good luck its seems to be a great deal.

I bought a used D90 a couple mouths ago, It only had 3 shutter clicks on it, I paid 685 for the body only. Everything was in it original packages. I would say go for it, as long as there is not a lot of shutter clicks. The average shutter clicks for a D90 is 75000

Most reactions

Back