70-200 2.8: Sigma vs Nikon?

jpnatale

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently have the Sigma version of the 70-200 OS lens, bought it for 1400 new last year. Been considering selling it and buying a used version of the Nikon 70-200 VR. Looks like I could get one for ~$1300 used, and probably sell my Sigma for what, $900?

The question is would this be worth it. No real complaints about the sigma so far, just thinking the slight increase in IQ/sharpness that the Nikon version supposedly has might be worth the cash.

Anyone have experience with both lenses? Thanks for your input!

If you've got a lens that covers that range and you're happy with it, why change? I've not used the Sigma, but I do know I love my 70-200; it's a beautiful piece of glass.

mostly thinking it's a "i don't know what i'm missing" with the nicer Nikon glass. I went sigma for money reasons last year, now wondering if that was a mistake and should sell it to upgrade to the nikon version for its higher quality

Rent it first and base the decision off of that.

John, don't try to talk him out of it. I don't have a 70 - 200 yet. Just sayin!

Whenever I want to know something about a lens I read reviews of that lens at Amazon, BHPhoto, search google, etc. They both have pretty high ratings. I doubt you're missing much by not having a Nikkor lens. If you're really curious, as several here have said, rent the Nikkor and make some test shots.

Most reactions

Back