What's new

70-200 2.8

lorigon27

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 6, 2011
Messages
78
Reaction score
5
Location
Missouri
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've been think bout buying a canon 70-200 2.8 is 2. But wondering if I should just buy the tamron model. Anyone shot with both of them and does the canon really constitute the extra 1500 dollars?
 
Ask this in the Canon lenses area. Also, you might want to see this:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
sorry couldnt find the thread from my iphone app or i would have
 
Can't speak for the Tamron, but I have had zero complaints with the image quality from my Sigma 70-200 2.8. I just wish I had held out for the OS version.

---Chris
 
I own the Canon and never shot with the Tamron. But check out the reviews on photozone.de. I like their detailed impartial reviews. I wish they had more updated reviews. I find them to be pretty reliable.

Canon EF 70-200 mm f/2.8L IS II
http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/512-canon_70200_28is2_50d

Tamron AF 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di LD (IF) Macro
http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/576-tamron70200f28apsc

Looks like the Tamron is pretty good. It's pretty sharp and has good bokeh. However, the reviewer does have some complaints about its auto focusing.

Hope this helps.

-Ghostdog
 
Hi lorigon27, this is my first as a newbie to this forum. I tested both the canon and tamron versions of the 70-200 2.8 on my 7d before I purchased the the Tamron. After testing both lenses I took the files and gave them a pretty rigorous inspection and decided for the price difference I was better off with the Tamron. As Ghostdog mentioned, and as my only complaint is the Auto-focus is a little slow for high speed sports. Check them out your self, try renting them for a few days and shoot the same images with both lenses and compare them.

I did also look into the Sigma lense and heard many good things about the lense but also heard of too many people having different types of issues so I stayed away.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom