iflynething
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Oct 26, 2006
- Messages
- 1,346
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- South Carolina USA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Right now I only have a 18-135 as a semi wide angle lens. The mount is partially broken and I think we all know this lens is SSLLLLOOOW!!!
I have alot going on in May: 2 weddings, a portrait session for a dance studio, and a dance recital.
The main thing I am concerned about is the dance portraits. It will be an entire week of shooting and I would have enough room to shoot with my 70-200 and get entire groups framed (up to 30 dancers (ages 6-16)) but I also considered renting the Nikon 24-70 for like 45 days from lensrentals.com. It's about $150. I do not remember. But I was thinking about the 2.8 speed on this lens and it's super sharp and I figure it might come in handy during the wedding but am not sure how much use it would get during dance portraits. I also have a 28 2.8 which is amazingly sharp that I could use for the wedding but wouldn't have the versatility of a zoom.
What would you get? Just use the 70-200 since you would have enough room or just do both?
~Michael~
I have alot going on in May: 2 weddings, a portrait session for a dance studio, and a dance recital.
The main thing I am concerned about is the dance portraits. It will be an entire week of shooting and I would have enough room to shoot with my 70-200 and get entire groups framed (up to 30 dancers (ages 6-16)) but I also considered renting the Nikon 24-70 for like 45 days from lensrentals.com. It's about $150. I do not remember. But I was thinking about the 2.8 speed on this lens and it's super sharp and I figure it might come in handy during the wedding but am not sure how much use it would get during dance portraits. I also have a 28 2.8 which is amazingly sharp that I could use for the wedding but wouldn't have the versatility of a zoom.
What would you get? Just use the 70-200 since you would have enough room or just do both?
~Michael~