70-200 VRI or a Lot of Gear...? Which to buy!

Actually I also just now realized you were talking about the VR1. From what I understand the 80-200s are generally better than the VR1. If you ever decide to buy one, check the reviews, obviously.

I know you already made your decision (and congrats!) :) but I figured I'd mention it.

Actually I also just now realized you were talking about the VR1. From what I understand the 80-200s are generally better than the VR1. If you ever decide to buy one, check the reviews, obviously.

I know you already made your decision (and congrats!) :) but I figured I'd mention it.

Really?! I HATE how much CA I get when I shoot high contrast images... and the focusing leaves a fair bit to be desired.

Jake

Yeah the focusing is pretty slow on those 80-200s. That's one of the reasons I decided on the 70-200 vr2. From what I heard, however, the VR1 was reportedly pretty soft.

On a full frame sensor the corners are known to be soft on the VR1. On a D7000 like I have and DBJ has, those corners are cut off and the lens preforms very well.

On a full frame sensor the corners are known to be soft on the VR1. On a D7000 like I have and DBJ has, those corners are cut off and the lens preforms very well.

I'll have to second this on my D7000. Mine is very sharp and seems to focus slightly faster than the vrII.

Who uses an 80-200 to do landscapes? That's just weird. :)

Your either kidding or you have no idea about landscape photography or what your talking about. Take a look at the April 2104 issue of Outdoor Photography page 34 for some enlightenment !!!!!!! Now that's just weird.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back