70d gps

suppyx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
does anyone know if you can buy something for the 70d to allow gps
also what lenses would work best with the 70d for portraits and live bands in low light and best lenses for video

Why not get a 6D and selections from Big Mike's list. The 6D has gps and wifi and is full frame.
Well, the reason why would be that it costs an additional $700 :wink:

But yes, for low light band photography and portraits, a full frame is an especially good investment. Those are types of photography that would VERY much benefit from the main advantages of a full frame: shallower effective depth of field and better ISO performance.

Certainly worth considering as an option.

Why not get a 6D and selections from Big Mike's list. The 6D has gps and wifi and is full frame.
Well, the reason why would be that it costs an additional $700 :wink:

But yes, for low light band photography and portraits, a full frame is an especially good investment. Those are types of photography that would VERY much benefit from the main advantages of a full frame: shallower effective depth of field and better ISO performance.

Certainly worth considering as an option.

But if you are adding a gps attachment, you are spending atleast part of that difference, so why not consider it.

6D :thumbup:

They're not listing the GP-E2 as being compatible with the 70D. It might be because it hasn't started shipping yet, but you'd want to double-check before ordering. The GPS is only compatible with specific models. (one would think that as the 70D is brand new that it would be covered... but check first.)

As for lenses... my own favorite for concert events & bands is the EF 135mm f/2L USM ... BUT I'm shooting full-frame and this would probably be too narrow on a crop-body. (the other lens I use a lot at these events is the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM.) An 85mm would have a very comparable angle of view with a crop-frame sensor camera as compared to the 135mm on a full-frame body. Mike lists the 85mm f/1.2L but there's also an 85mm f/1.8 (non-L) which lists around $400.

Pixel-Peeper.com is a great way to find sample images taken by any lens (or camera body) you want. Just make sure you check the info under each image as this lens can be used with either full-frame or crop-frame bodies and you're mostly interested in the look from a crop-frame body if you want a 70D.

See: Full-size sample photos from Canon 85mm F/1.8

If you're thinking of big-name bands (e.g. if you have to purchase tickets to get in) then you'll likely need to arrange for a photo pass. Most venues tend to not allow cameras with "removable lenses".

Most reactions

Back