7d Mark II or 80D

maverickusa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was thinking of the 6d yesterday but it makes more sense to choose between crop vs crop because of lens.
I will be using this for both photos and video equally, at times one more than the other but still equally overall! I love doing family vacation videos, travel photo and family portraits.

My budget is around $1600 including lens cost.
The 7d Mark II is $1200 refurbished and the 80d is same but new.

What do you guys think?

Do you care about shooting in 4k at all? These cameras don't do 4k.

I own the 7D mk ii but haven't really messed with the video of it. As I mentioned earlier, I think that for video the 80D will be the best way to go. It will produce quality images as well. The 7D mk ii is more of a camera aimed at the sports photography group (which is why I have it).

I was thinking of the 6d yesterday but it makes more sense to choose between crop vs crop because of lens.
I will be using this for both photos and video equally, at times one more than the other but still equally overall! I love doing family vacation videos, travel photo and family portraits.

What do you guys think?

only get the 7D2 if you shoot a lot of sports otherwise the 80D or a refurbished 6D

Do you want to shoot sports / fast action?

A Sony a6300 or one of the Panasonic cameras (GX8, GH4, GX85, G7) is probably a better option for you, considering your interest in video.

Do you want to shoot sports / fast action?

A Sony a6300 or one of the Panasonic cameras (GX8, GH4, GX85, G7) is probably a better option for you, considering your interest in video.
Ido, don't really shoot much of sports, if anything maybe golf when I get a chance to hit the course. I didn't realize how crazy hard this decision would be. What's even harder is that I have a Nikon D70 with lens and flash that I could use if I chose something like the D7200. Just worried about Video focusing, not sure how much i should be worried about that if I chose the Nikon instead!

What do you guys think?

only get the 7D2 if you shoot a lot of sports otherwise the 80D or a refurbished 6D
The 6D is definitely one I've had my eye since its FF, I guess it's age is what really is holding me back on that body plus added cost of EF lenses.

The 6D is definitely one I've had my eye since its FF, I guess it's age is what really is holding me back on that body plus added cost of EF lenses.

Didn't the 6D used to be $2000 or so? It's $1400 USD now. It has come down in price over time.

It's not "old" yet. Its dynamic range, ISO performance, etc, etc, is pretty on par with most other high end cameras right now.

Craigslist is wonderful. You can buy now and resell later. That is, if you need a camera now, but wish you could wait a year.

Didn't the 6D used to be $2000 or so? It's $1400 USD now. It has come down in price over time.

It's not "old" yet. Its dynamic range, ISO performance, etc, etc, is pretty on par with most other high end cameras right now.

Craigslist is wonderful. You can buy now and resell later. That is, if you need a camera now, but wish you could wait a year.
From what I've read and seen on YouTube it is a great camera, guess I should t be just swayed by the 80D since its newest with some cool features. I do like the dual AF and the articulating screen ability.
Man I just don't know anymore!

I think the 80d is perfect for what you need.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back