No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
poolvg6.jpg

c/c please!

real grainy
thank you for the feedback!

its film (the prints are not grainy), iso 400, 50mm at f/1.8 and i dont remember the shutter.... but i was looking more for comments on the composition.

Looks like some camera shake possibly. If the eight ball was sharp, I think this would be a nice photo.

PoV is fantastic.

Personally I would have liked to see the focus point on the 8 ball as opposed to the Que ball.

Other than that there are a few strey marks from debris on the neg during scanning, I outlined them Here in red. I have had this happen to me countless times so it kinda sorta stands out

Looks like some camera shake possibly. If the eight ball was sharp, I think this would be a nice photo.

PoV is fantastic.
thanks for the feedback! i could have been shaky, its not easy to hold the cue and the camera and manage a good shot. do you think the 8-ball should ALSO be in focus? because i have a picture of the 8 in focus (or partially because i messed up) and it looks awful to have neither of the cues in focus...

05420006ft2.jpg

thanks for the feedback! i could have been shaky, its not easy to hold the cue and the camera and manage a good shot. do you think the 8-ball should ALSO be in focus? because i have a picture of the 8 in focus (or partially because i messed up) and it looks awful to have neither of the cues in focus...

No, I think you had the right idea just focused on the wrong ball. Focusing on the Que and bridge would have really been disasterous lol. The Que ball itself is in focus just fine, but it was the 8 ball that is of more interest here.

No, I think you had the right idea just focused on the wrong ball. Focusing on the Que and bridge would have really been disasterous lol. The Que ball itself is in focus just fine, but it was the 8 ball that is of more interest here.
what do you think of the picture i posted with the 8 in focus. i think it looks pretty awful. but thats more along the lines of what youd like to see...

like the bridge and cue of the first one, and the eight ball of the second one.

Methinks a tripod is in order and a smaller aperture (f/8 to f/11 maybe f/16). Love the concept.

what do you think of the picture i posted with the 8 in focus. i think it looks pretty awful. but thats more along the lines of what youd like to see...

I had not yet seen it, when I started my post is was not there lol.

With the same exposure as the first it would be just about perfect. It would give the feel of concentration on the shot at hand, in this case the bridge shot on the 8 ball. However as it is the extra light adds awareness to surroundings taking away from the concentration thought. It's the blown out felt and added distraction that makes it look bad, not the DOF.

like the bridge and cue of the first one, and the eight ball of the second one.

Methinks a tripod is in order and a smaller aperture (f/8 to f/11 maybe f/16). Love the concept.
i suppose now is as good a time as any to invest in a new taller tripod!

i appreciate all the feedback!!! :D

I had not yet seen it, when I started my post is was not there lol.

With the same exposure as the first it would be just about perfect. It would give the feel of concentration on the shot at hand, in this case the bridge shot on the 8 ball. However as it is the extra light adds awareness to surroundings taking away from the concentration thought. It's the blown out felt and added distraction that makes it look bad, not the DOF.
i added it as an afterthought, im sorry.
ill see what i can do about keeping the lighting from the first shot and getting the 8 in focus in the picture.
i appreciate your help!

Does that mean you used one in this instance?
i had it with me, but it wasnt tall enough so i took these shots handheld. its a tall table....

Most reactions

Back