8mm movie cameras

skatephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I found a 8mm movie camera in my grandparents attic and they told me i could have it. Does anyone have any information on them. i know you can still get film for it but does anyone know what the feet of film equals a minute of footage. and can a lab make a digital file out of the film just any information would be great. thanks

Hi there!
I don't know what the feet of film equals a minute of footage but mostly it's about 20 mins.
Such films can be digitalized in some labs but you'll have to spend some money. If you have the money and all I recommend you the use of 8mm movie cameras, you'll be positively surprised. Have fun, it's worth it.

Im pretty sure 8mm is pretty poor quality, but it makes a really oldschool looking effect which is kind of cool. You can get it transfered to mini DV. My friend just made a bike movie ( www.cleancutfilms.ca :D ) and he used some super 8mm and it was really expensive to transfer (about 1000 can). And he had to send it to seattle. Or you can get some guy to film it off of a screen with a camcorder and projector for like 150. And to get it developed he had to send the film to switzerland :? . I dont know about feet either, but each cartrige was 2.5 minutes and it costs like 14$ for each cartridge.

Hope that helps.

hey yashica4life, it seems that Switzerland is the only place in the whole world where you can develop those films, I'm from Austria and I also had to send it to Switzerland. What a mess :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back