Hoppy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
According to Lostprophet 8 miles from Purgatory
Website
www.ianhopgoodphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spent the weekend on the north east coast to watch the Puffins. The wind coming in from the north sea was blowing a hoolly and the Gannets were landing on top of the cliff to collect grass to top up their nests. There was Thousands...
Final approach

Only a couple of Puffins in photo distance

Razorbills

click on each for larger version

comments wanted

great shots but #1 wins it for me

You have some lovely captures there.. he looks so sad in the third..number one wins it for me too well timed and great work! :)

I like these a lot! My fave is the first one (the arrangement of the birds in the frame, with their faces towards the camera, is really pleasing), followed by 3 and 5.

Nice! I like #5...

Thanks!

cool pics:) Like #3 & 4 the most i think. They have quite a mournful expression don't they

I must admit these were what we travelled to see. I agree they do look sooo sad.....

Lovely pics all of them, nice to capture the gannets bringing home the house and the puffins are just so cute.

tim

Thanks for your comment

great shots but #1 wins it for me

When we got there the wind was sooo strong I was having trouble hand holding the 300mm f2.8 so had to use the monopod. The wind seemed to have brought all of the adolesent Gannets up to roost on the top of the cliff. There were hundreds of birds circleing wanting to land at this particular spot, they seemed to almost line up on an approach pattern...

You have some lovely captures there.. he looks so sad in the third..number one wins it for me too well timed and great work! :)

Thank you.

I like these a lot! My fave is the first one (the arrangement of the birds in the frame, with their faces towards the camera, is really pleasing), followed by 3 and 5.

It took quite a few shots to get this just right as there were so many birds there always seemed to be a stray flying thru' the shot. I am very plaesed with the results, thank you.

Nice! I like #5...

Thanks!

Thanks. I'm glad someone likes the Razorbills aswell as me.....

Thanks. I'm glad someone likes the Razorbills aswell as me.....

The others are OK and everything but #5 has all the qualities of a work of art. You know, something you would hang on the wall or that you would want to spend the time duplicating in another medium - like chalk, acrylics, pencil, charcoal, block-print, etc.

Good stuff!

I like #1 and #3. Good job! :thumbup:

The others are OK and everything but #5 has all the qualities of a work of art. You know, something you would hang on the wall or that you would want to spend the time duplicating in another medium - like chalk, acrylics, pencil, charcoal, block-print, etc.

Good stuff!

Much appreciated

I like #1 and #3. Good job! :thumbup:

Thanks

I like the series, as a whole, but #3 stands out to me personally. Normally I go for animals looking at you, but I think that the puffin looking away adds so much more to its personality, I mean, I feel like I can really connect to this puffin's disinterest in connecting. I know that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, but I just get so much more of an emotion thing out of three than the rest, so good job! I get to maybe shoot some puffins tomorrow, I hope I can get a shot as good as you did.

Thats an awesome set......and yes, im going for #1 too. But the rest is very good to, #1 is just a bit better :)

Thanks Doenoe. Thanks to LP it has been nominated for this month so if you fancy having a vote...

I like the series, as a whole, but #3 stands out to me personally. Normally I go for animals looking at you, but I think that the puffin looking away adds so much more to its personality, I mean, I feel like I can really connect to this puffin's disinterest in connecting. I know that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, but I just get so much more of an emotion thing out of three than the rest, so good job! I get to maybe shoot some puffins tomorrow, I hope I can get a shot as good as you did.

Great stuff. I hope you get some good shots aswell.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back