A-bomb Dome

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is from Hiroshima, one of the few buildings left standing despite being at essentially ground-zero, and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

The Peace Park is a beautiful place.

The museum is grim and as sad as you may expect. Many of the items on display are personal and every one involved a sad story. Dry eyes were few and far between. But I was a little surprised at how there was absolutely no accusatory tone to it. The museum is dedicated to showing the horrors and preventing it from happening again and not to assigning blame.

One very cool part of the day was taking the Shinkansen (a.k.a. Bullet train) back and forth from Kyoto.

DSC_0026 - Copy.JPG

I saw a documentary on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and parts of it were sickening. War truly is hell on earth.

I saw a documentary on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and parts of it were sickening. War truly is hell on earth.

Some of the items on display were disturbing, usually some shredded, bloody school uniform or melted lunch box. But there were also amazing stories of survival. The museum is somber and we certainly cried but felt better afterwards in a way I find hard to describe.

“For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.”

“For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.”

We certainly finished what they started. But, in all reality, almost no one from that era is alive anymore.

The message of the museum is one of "this is horrible" and not one of "look what they did". As Americans, we were concerned about how our presence would be taken there. At one point a man giving a presentation specifically thanked us for coming. I had my answer.

Then I remembered what it was like when I saw Japanese visitors at the USS Arizona memorial. They were simply paying their respects like I was.

It seems like the farther away we are in time from these type of terrible events, the less impact they seem to have....especially with youth today. Although this happened during my father's lifetime (he fought in the war), I was close enough in age to understand how devastating the war was. My children have a sense of it, but not like I do. This is one of the reasons why photography is so important. Thank you RVT1K for posting.

A testimony to the horrors of global tyranny. Most people believe that it is governments that have their hands wrapped around each other's throats but very few people are aware that the hands on both sides are controlled by an evil far beyond human comprehension. :mad-44:

A testimony to the horrors of global tyranny. Most people believe that it is governments that have their hands wrapped around each other's throats but very few people are aware that the hands on both sides are controlled by an evil far beyond human comprehension. :mad-44:

It most definitely resides in what's called, "Old Money."

Not really. The origin of evil dosen't lie within the control systems it has created. Mankind as a whole is still far too superstitious to comprehend sacred truths.

Its very cool that so many have chosen to share their thoughts over this. I wasn't sure what to expect.

Not really. The origin of evil dosen't lie within the control systems it has created. Mankind as a whole is still far too superstitious to comprehend sacred truths.
I'm not exactly sure what you're touching on, I can only suspect. I do believe mankind has been duped in a number of ways for thousands of years.

Most reactions

Back