Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
God damn these gaps!

Around 160 shots compiled, ISO640, 20 secs
Any advice on fixing these gaps? I used the D850 internal interval timer and was forced with the 1 second delay but these gaps seem too long for that?

Shiroka_Laka_Star_Trail.jpg

Sorry no idea on fixing the gaps. I think they give it an added dimension.

Reactions: D7K
God damn these gaps!

Any advice on fixing these gaps? I used the D850 internal interval timer and was forced with the 1 second delay but these gaps seem too long for that?

Looks awesome to me, too. What focal length were you using?

View attachment 179974

Reactions: D7K
God damn these gaps!

Looks awesome to me, too. What focal length were you using?

View attachment 179974

Thanks! This was shot at 14mm if I recall correctly

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

Thank you all, I’ll be continuing to try my hand with some shots like this over the coming weeks if I can.

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

It seems like it has to be the amount of time between shots. You say you have it at one second but maybe reconfirm? I also use 1 second as my setting but then again I don't use the intervelometer. I just use a locked shutter release.

It seems like it has to be the amount of time between shots. You say you have it at one second but maybe reconfirm? I also use 1 second as my setting but then again I don't use the intervelometer. I just use a locked shutter release.

Are you saying you take 160 individual photos yourself using the shutter release rather than using an intervelometer?

Are you saying you take 160 individual photos yourself using the shutter release rather than using an intervelometer?

Yes. Set it and forget it. Probably not the best way but I tried using an intervelometer once and the result was not good. So I just stick with what I know works.

The gaps are absolutely the 1 second between shots, I get the same thing in my photos.

What software are you using to stack the photos? I’ve had really good luck with the gap filling feature in Star stax, which is free open source software designed specifically for this.

Tons of tutorials on youtube about how to use it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back