A boy and his dog(s)

All nice snapshots but i find the composition on the last shot to be the best of the set.

I agree. I find getting a good composition tough when they are running around.

Backgrounds and backlighting. There's loads of potential here, but I don't think you've quite nailed them. Concentrate on your composition, especially what's behind the subject, and perhaps consider larger apertures to render backgrounds less focused and distracting. More fill light is needed for your backlit subjects.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks! I think I chose a larger f/stop for these because I knew that with them running around it would be tough to get the focal point in the right spot. I guess that philosophy fell through...haha. As for lighting...had my flash on camera, did I forget to turn it on for the 1st 2...possibly or maybe I just need to work on how to use a flash properly. :p Taking pictures like this really requires you to know your stuff because you're constantly moving. The sit down portrait shots later on were loads easier (not that I've got that perfected either). But thanks ya'll!

I don't know what it is about #3, but I love it... seems to tell a story... i think these are all good shots... fun...

My only complaint is that you've cropped a dog in EVERY shot. I like them otherwise!

Most reactions

Back