A Call to Arms: STOP THE OVERMODERATION OF OUR THREADS!

Even Terri (I know she has a sense of humor for a fact!) ;-)

Charlie, if you are going to reference me, couldja PLEASE get the spelling right? And here I thought those naughty PM's meant something to you...I feel so dirty now. :meh:

Oops... sorry, Terri! I goofed! I can only offer a virtual multiple hour back / foot rub as recompense? I Luuuuvved those PM's! ;)

Im in the "if you don't like how the mods close threads, then leave the forum boat". Wow, thats a long title for a boat.

As said we are open to appeals and re-appraising things. Normally threads get locked for reasons, but if members can make a good case we will reopen things. We also do try our best to listen and respond - we will NEVER be able to please everyone and we do have to take a firm line with our choice in some matters - yes that will ruffle some feathers and sometimes that makes a forum take a direction some people might not agree with. We'd love to please everyone, but its just not possible.

Parker219 said:
"you can't always get what you want",

zOMG--that is absolutely brilliant!!! "You can't always get what you want"" Oh-My-Gawd, that's awesome! Somebody oughtta' write a song based on that thought parker!

Back to closing threads and stuff...the "manner" or "way" in which threads have been closed lately seems rather abrupt. I think a concise, brief statement of why a thread has been locked would be much more palatable than some of the almost haughty, cutesy phrases with which threads have been locked recently.

As to moderation...I've seen some pretty odd things moderated, as well as some harsh stuff allowed to come through and stay. The biggest problem we have is the TPF user agreement...having that thrown back in our faces in the first couple of moderator responses today was disappointing. Really, very disappointing.

We preach about being able to handle C&C like men and women, but when a slight bit of user feelings are directed at the mods, we have mods threatening people with the "never disagree with a moderator in open forum" rule,and otherwise acting like spurned lovers. Overall, I saw three mod interactions here today that were pretty disappointing. Subtle threats to posters. Quoting of the rules as a form of intimidation. Intimidation.Excuse-making. Snark. Inappropriate word use/word choice.

Im in the "if you don't like how the mods close threads, then leave the forum boat". Wow, thats a long title for a boat.

As said we are open to appeals and re-appraising things. Normally threads get locked for reasons, but if members can make a good case we will reopen things. We also do try our best to listen and respond - we will NEVER be able to please everyone and we do have to take a firm line with our choice in some matters - yes that will ruffle some feathers and sometimes that makes a forum take a direction some people might not agree with. We'd love to please everyone, but its just not possible.

I vote we Moderate RUNNAH! We need a POLL on that.. (with no BACON option!) I suggest the mods change his avatar text to read "Whiny Baby" for two weeks as punishment!

Overall, I saw three mod interactions here today that were pretty disappointing. Subtle threats to posters. Quoting of the rules as a form of intimidation. Intimidation.Excuse-making. Snark. Inappropriate word use/word choice.

You've not reported any of them. Mods work in a team environment and under the Admin - if you report stuff all the team and the admin see reports. If you feel mods are acting out of line you can:

1) Report the posts and air your views - this is valuable feedback and we do and will listen

2) Contact another member of the mod team with links to specific examples and air your concerns

3) Contact the admin direct with links to specific examples and air your concerns

In all cases will will treat the matter seriously. However we are utterly unable to do anything with generalist statements of "mods are abusing". We can't "SEE" this abuse if you don't show us specifically where it is.

Derrel...That song would never catch on...:lol:

Its actually one of my favorites.

If the OP starts a thread that they think gets closed too quickly, then they can always start another thread with the violators being warned. If its kept clean, then the mods should let it live. Or like the mods have said, pm whoever locked the thread and "appeal" so to speak.

I was in waaaay BTL.

Overall, I saw three mod interactions here today that were pretty disappointing. Subtle threats to posters. Quoting of the rules as a form of intimidation. Intimidation.Excuse-making. Snark. Inappropriate word use/word choice.

You've not reported any of them. Mods work in a team environment and under the Admin - if you report stuff all the team and the admin see reports. If you feel mods are acting out of line you can:

1) Report the posts and air your views - this is valuable feedback and we do and will listen

2) Contact another member of the mod team with links to specific examples and air your concerns

3) Contact the admin direct with links to specific examples and air your concerns

In all cases will will treat the matter seriously. However we are utterly unable to do anything with generalist statements of "mods are abusing". We can't "SEE" this abuse if you don't show us specifically where it is.

ALL of the objectionable responses are in this thread. I you cannot SEE it, then you are, obviously, NOT looking. It's right in front of ALL of us. Look for the mod posts, then look for their replies.

I have made a few contacts with the mods/admins over the years. I've been here a while. Nothing has ever come out of it. My personal experience is that contacting the moderators is an utter waste of time.

Runnah for moderator 2013

"Changing hope you can believe in for tomorrow".

Derrel...That song would never catch on...:lol:

I dunno. Thinking about it, if someone started out with a choir chorus, gently added in some acoustic guitar chords and then....... ooh, ooh, ooh how about a French Horn?

ALL of the objectionable responses are in this thread. I you cannot SEE it, then you are, obviously, NOT looking. It's right in front of ALL of us. Look for the mod posts, then look for their replies.

I have made a few contacts with the mods/admins over the years. I've been here a while. Nothing has ever come out of it. My personal experience is that contacting the moderators is an utter waste of time.

I'm not playing "spot the possible violation/problem". You've got to show me. There are clearly several examples here that are causing you concern so show them up - send them to me in a PM if you want or report them or pm it to another mod/admin.

As for contact we do listen to things and do our best to respond and change things where we can - we react a lot to user feedback. Of course we can't always react the way people want and we can't always appease everyone. We can't do any more than that.

Parker219 said:
"you can't always get what you want",

zOMG--that is absolutely brilliant!!! "You can't always get what you want"" Oh-My-Gawd, that's awesome! Somebody oughtta' write a song based on that thought parker!

Back to closing threads and stuff...the "manner" or "way" in which threads have been closed lately seems rather abrupt. I think a concise, brief statement of why a thread has been locked would be much more palatable than some of the almost haughty, cutesy phrases with which threads have been locked recently.

As to moderation...I've seen some pretty odd things moderated, as well as some harsh stuff allowed to come through and stay. The biggest problem we have is the TPF user agreement...having that thrown back in our faces in the first couple of moderator responses today was disappointing. Really, very disappointing.

We preach about being able to handle C&C like men and women, but when a slight bit of user feelings are directed at the mods, we have mods threatening people with the "never disagree with a moderator in open forum" rule,and otherwise acting like spurned lovers. Overall, I saw three mod interactions here today that were pretty disappointing. Subtle threats to posters. Quoting of the rules as a form of intimidation. Intimidation.Excuse-making. Snark. Inappropriate word use/word choice.
Hey Derrel, completely off topic as usual for me, but where is that link you shared on another thread a couple of days ago about what level of photographer you are or something along those lines?

Runnah for moderator 2013

"Changing hope you can believe in for tomorrow".

Boom voted....but only if you bring back mr peanut as an avatar

I really can't believe this thread is still running......Good for the Mods! Just one more thought from me ( AKA fuel for the fire )
Are there really any questions and or fights that haven't already been, beat to death ? even this one has been done before . "Put up or shut up" ,"My stuff is the best"
Hell ,even "I'll Take MY pact and create my own forum " . LOL (Sorry) lol . Thing is there is nothing new under the Sun, The mods are doing the job ,and the rest of us are bit@#ing about it .................Situation Normal for TPF !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back