A Call to Arms: STOP THE OVERMODERATION OF OUR THREADS!

I really can't believe this thread is still running......Good for the Mods! Just one more thought from me ( AKA fuel for the fire )
Are there really any questions and or fights that haven't already been, beat to death ? even this one has been done before . "Put up or shut up" ,"My stuff is the best"
Hell ,even "I'll Take MY pact and create my own forum " . LOL (Sorry) lol . Thing is there is nothing new under the Sun, The mods are doing the job ,and the rest of us are bit@#ing about it .................Situation Normal for TPF !

I think the irony of closing a thread talking about over moderation would be too much for one to take.

So go wild!

Situation Normal for TPF !

Its relatively normal for any larger community forum. You can please everyone and sometimes you won't please a fair few people all for the same reason; you might find a middle ground, you might not, we would always strive to where possible. Sometimes you do get breakaway communities form.

I'm aware of there being at least 3 breakaway communities from TPF (2 active running, 1 mostly dead these days - everyone came back to TPF ;)). Most of them also represent the same kind of thing; groups of people who joined all around the same time, were active all around the same time and were a "friend" group of associates. Often as not larger forums will get smaller groups like that break-away as the site moves on and often has to cater to the larger community and can't always feature or work or develop in the way the niche communities do.

Thus you get break-aways - sometimes its even just a desire to be on a smaller forum (TPF has a fairly big but not, I would say, oversized community - some forums are vast and can easily feel very unfriendly when everyone is a stranger all the time). We don't hate break-away groups, indeed many times it helps a lot as the breakaway site lets those people explore things how they want to and TPF remains what it was before - and is still a valid resource for them (many still drop back in).

Most reactions

Back