A Canon T4i Will blow a Nikon D3000 out of the water right?

jw3571

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my Nikon D3000 that's a few years old. I 'm going to go with a Canon T4i. THis is a way better camera isn't it?

The Nikon D3000 was launched in 2009, and at that time was Nikon's most basic DSLR.

The T4i launched just a few months ago and is near the top of Canon's entry-level lineup.

However, from an image sensor performance/image quality standpoint the D3000 and T4i are pretty much equal - DxOMark - Compare cameras side by side

With that said the T4i has more features than the D3000, but if you get the T4i, don't expect much if any improvement in image quality.

So, no. The T4i won't "blow a Nikon D3000 out of the water".

Last edited:
Why jump to the other side? Bring your other lenses with you and pick up a 5100 or the 5200 when it eventually comes to the states (or is already available if you live in Fortress Europa).

The Canon will however blow the Nikon in the parking lot...

i wouldn't put either of those cameras near water

Remove the Canon's battery, pack the compartment with C4 or ANFO, insert a detonator into the material, place both bodies in water, with the Nikon above, and detonate the explosive. That should do the trick.

Boy, everyone is really funny around here. Reading Cnet's review they say you need the 18-135mm lens to make it worth it, is this true?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back