A cat and a rotten door

Ollylotus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i was just browsing through a Medieval village near me, with my first dslr to try out some shot (these shots are my first ones with any dslr).

i didn't really know were to put these images so i'm putting them here.

So first of all, a Door, so this door was actually on a abandoned house (i quite like abandoned places and i do not know why). i do find the image a bit off i don't really know why, probably the angle.
$IMG_0770.JPG

Know a cat, i quite like this picture but the only probleme that i can see is the reflection of my helmet and my self and i did not see it on the screen, just when i was editing it (i will go out with a grey one when i take my camera from now on) it is quite a shame because if not i quite liked this one.

$IMG_0739.JPG

So what do you think frome these pictures? i am here to learn the art so do keep that in mind.

and sorry if i have don something wrong it is my first poste with pictures. :D

The first photograph could be framed quite a bit smaller and in vertical format.

$IMG_0770 - Version 2.jpg

The second one is framed nicely, so just watch for reflections next time.

Hmm, door is interesting ... a shuttered window would have been an awesome addition.
The B&W is muddy, need to work on post processing.

I just tweaked the S curve.

That looks like the door in the fevered dreams of Maximus in one of Ridley Scott's movies, cant recall the title though.

The door is quite interesting. I wish you had not cut off the arch on the left of the frame and the corner of the step on the bottom, but there are nice textures and shapes. And I agree with Dennis: the black and white is "muddy" - too much midtone grey. Needs more contrast to bring out the textures in the stone.

And I think it's fine that you can see the reflection in the mirror. It actually adds to the "story" of what the cat is looking at.

Most reactions

Back