A Change of Season.

New Hampshire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally decided to get into a DSLR camera after playing around with film. I picked up a Canon D400 (Rebel XTi)and a Canon 28-135mm USM IS lens. Took it out for its first few shots today in the cemetary across from where I work. I noticed the other day the unusal way the leaves on this tree were changing rather uniquely. Here is one of the nicer ones:

leaf5zd1.jpg

Please feel free to comment or critique.

Brian

Congrats on the new camera.

Nice pic...with that dof and exposure, the leaf virtually springs off the screen. And good eye re how the leaf's colour was changing - it's fascinating to see how evenly the colour is 'draining away'/changing.

that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I would have moved back a bit and moved the subject to the right a tad...but other than that cool pic.

Very pretty - I really like the water on it, too.

Our leaves turn a less than impressive shade of brown here before they fall. Sigh.

Gorgeous pic! What time of day was this?

Awesome colors in NH!

Gorgeous pic! What time of day was this?

Awesome colors in NH!

Hey Anita,

It was taken about 12 noon. I drove over at lunch time and sat in my truck waiting for a break in the rain to get in a bunch of shots. Got a few decent ones of the leaf and started taking a few more shots around the cemetary before the rain came again and forced me away. I am really glad I spent more money on a decent lens rather than a couple cheaper ones. The Image Stablization came in real handy as an ISO setting of 800 and the IS allowed me to get this handheld. I did still have to brighten it up a bit in Photoshop, but not too much.

Thanks again everyone, you are all very kind!

Brian

Most reactions

Back