A cool polaroid gallery website

ahelg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was reading the new issue of amateur Photographer when I found an article about a webpage specializing in polaroids. I've recently flicked through a few interesting books with polaroids pictures and thought I'd take a look. I thought there were some pretty cool pictures on their site which I think consists of 17 photographers, who all sell their prints through the site. Also, once a week they do an auction where they sell an original. Also the prints are only printed in a quantity of 47, so maybe some of them will be worth something one day.

Anyway, I ended up spending an hour on their site and thought someone here might be intersted.

www.polanoir.com

Better watch out - if the P-bug bites you, there is no cure..... ;)

Nah, to expensive. Polaroid has discontinued the SX-70 film anyway, so there's not much point. They still do the 600 film, but it's not as fun to use. Theres a new kind of SX-70 but it doesn't allow for manipulation, which as far as I'm concerned would be the main selling point in our digital world.

Instant pictures? Heck, all I have to do is connect my digital camera to my pictbridge printer and there you go. Now if they had a film suitable for manipulation like the old SX-70 time zero, that would be a different matter.

I do realize that they are two completely different things. I just think that polaroid has lost a great deal of it's momentum now that the SX-70 zero time film is no longer available. I'm not saying it's a waste of time or anything like that. I just wish SX-70 zero time was still in production. I only ever tried it once, but it was great fun to use.

Am I right in thinking that Kodak made a polaroid camera? I think I've got one at home in Norway in storage.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back