A Couple Buddies

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple of friends I shot (with a camera) a couple weekends ago...

C&C if you wish...I'd love to hear (read as the case may be) any suggestions for improvement...as usual...I DO need a LOT of improvement...

#1 - Tron
75837_453116014820_508854820_5649986_2296437_n.jpg

#2 - AnthraxPhobia
75837_453116009820_508854820_5649985_7314627_n.jpg

#3 - AnthraxPhobia
75837_453116004820_508854820_5649984_7232407_n.jpg

Last edited:
The focus in these looks nice! The camera tilt is unattractive to me. Background in #1 and 3 are busy. 2 and 3 might be underexposed, some. His arm comes out of no where in 3. 2 and 3 look really cool. All just MHO.

I love that 3rd one where his hand comes out of nowhere and the angles going on in diff parts of the photos...his top finger points at his earring...bottom finger points at his lip...his gaze is at a diff angle than the background...and so on and so forth

I love that 3rd one where his hand comes out of nowhere and the angles going on in diff parts of the photos...his top finger points at his earring...bottom finger points at his lip...his gaze is at a diff angle than the background...and so on and so forth

You asked for C&C, so I was just telling you what I noticed. If you like them and that's what you were going for then there's nothing wrong with them in your eyes that's great! If you just disagree with the C&C I gave, that's okay too, but you did ask for it.

I know I asked for C&C. I didn't take anything anyone mentioned out-of-context or in any way negative. I do appreciate the comments and insights. I take them to heart and will keep taking photos with what has been said (written as the case may be) in mind. I will be doing some "standard portrait" experiments soon as well. These photos were me messing around as usual.

What is it about the angles that doesn't work for these photos?

the first shot the book shelfs were some how distracting, and also the white line in fornt of your subject s face in the second shot...
nice reaction on the third one, i would just suggest leaving more space in fornt of him :)

Keep it up

I don't have much room in my apartment, it is an efficiency. I'll drop a black sheet in between the chair and book-case for my next test-shot...

But still, what about the angles. What is wrong with their use here and in the future, per chance I want to have a photo with an angle to it, when and what type of subject would be a good fit for an angled photo outside of my taste for deep angles and subjects looking directly off frame?

If that's your taste and it's what you want there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't like angled pictures. I don't think there really is a good subject for them. They make me want to turn my head and seeing them in a frame makes me cringe.

Looking directly out of the frame doesn't bother me so much, but it does look better if they're not. IMHO

I don't have much room in my apartment, it is an efficiency. I'll drop a black sheet in between the chair and book-case for my next test-shot...

But still, what about the angles. What is wrong with their use here and in the future, per chance I want to have a photo with an angle to it, when and what type of subject would be a good fit for an angled photo outside of my taste for deep angles and subjects looking directly off frame?

i think the angle shots kinda interesting and doing it when you are closer to your subject would be better to remove distraction and space...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back