A couple for fun

timbearden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
weddingbyphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't done nature photography for a while, but here is a couple that I took recently. C&C appreciated.

beach1HDRsmall.jpg

beach2hdrsmall.jpg

yosemiterocksmall.jpg

5thtonedsmall.jpg

HALFDOMEBW.jpg

Last edited:
A) please leave SPACES between one photo and the next.
B) put up numbers. These are only five, ok, but all in all it is ever so much easier to comment when the presented photo are numbered.

How did you do this excessive tonemapping?
You can't have taken three different exposures of the water in the first two!
I assume you worked with one RAW file saved at three different exposure values (nothing wrong with that!!!) ?

While it looks ok as is in the first two, I feel it is too much in the last three. Mostly so the dolphin ... not even looks like a photo any longer.

A) please leave SPACES between one photo and the next.
B) put up numbers. These are only five, ok, but all in all it is ever so much easier to comment when the presented photo are numbered.

How did you do this excessive tonemapping?
You can't have taken three different exposures of the water in the first two!
I assume you worked with one RAW file saved at three different exposure values (nothing wrong with that!!!) ?

While it looks ok as is in the first two, I feel it is too much in the last three. Mostly so the dolphin ... not even looks like a photo any longer.

1, 3, and 4 are tonemapped in Photomatix using one photo. You don't need necessarily need to change the exposure, just generate it in photomatix then tonemap.

5 was just a bad photo, because of a smoggy day. I played with the levels, converted to black and white. I am going to try and capture this one again this next week. Hopefully it will come out less rustic.

The dolphin (4) is a HDR merged overlayed on the orginal about 50% opacity. Really the colors are not that different from the original. It was at sea world, so the camera capture a lot of blue from the tanks. I kept the colors because I liked the blue personally.

I quite like this effect, not so much the last one, but the first two definatly. A bit out of the oridinary for what I usually expect for nature shots but that is also the only way to get something different :)

tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back