What's new

A couple from today's walk to the train.

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D700 | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | Boston Public Garden

Sax in the afternoon.

p1559451158-5.jpg



2 Lips

p1559451762-5.jpg


Thanks for looking.
 
#1 has a few issues: cut off arm, shadow, am unknown object on the right...still, I'm kind of fond of it. I rather like the b/w conversion! Nice texture on his coat
 
#2 came out well.
 
I would totally crop out the group of evergreens above the tulips; nice spring photo.
 
Thanks folks. The bright object is the music book. It was in the sun and he was in the shade. Did the best I could under the circumstances without cropping it completely and losing parts of him.
Played with different crops on the tulips. I could go either way I suppose.

Thanks again for the comments.
 
First one's great. The shadow on the face is a little annoying as is the music book, but otherwise I love it. Also love how you managed to keep the texture in his jacket. It's a great shot overall.
 
First one's great. The shadow on the face is a little annoying as is the music book, but otherwise I love it. Also love how you managed to keep the texture in his jacket. It's a great shot overall.

Thanks. To be honest, I don't really mind the book. I find the repeating pattern of the black ringed binding nicely mirrors the slant and keys of the sax. I may have cropped too much to make it stand out as a feature in the composition though.
 
I like the black & white conversion. Maybe like others have said to lighten up the dark shadow on his face. That is the first thing I noticed and not the white music sheet.
 
First one's great. The shadow on the face is a little annoying as is the music book, but otherwise I love it. Also love how you managed to keep the texture in his jacket. It's a great shot overall.

Thanks. To be honest, I don't really mind the book. I find the repeating pattern of the black ringed binding nicely mirrors the slant and keys of the sax. I may have cropped too much to make it stand out as a feature in the composition though.

Yeah, I'm not seeing exactly what you're referring to... a little less crop on that side would probably let us know more about what that thing is, plus would give the image a little more visual tension. Try it? I'd love to see it.
 
Anther take. Different shot.

p1562453010-5.jpg



Thanks for the comments.
 
Anther take. Different shot.

p1562453010-5.jpg



Thanks for the comments.

Saw him today at the Public Garden. Waaaay too crowded to even get a shot without 5 other people in it. Was a nice day even though didn't get much camera time in...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom