A couple headshots

JamesRPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As an addition to my story from this thread, here are a couple headshot photos.

Serious-Colour.jpg

MG_9178.jpg

I also have the first one in black and white if anyone wants to see it. A few weeks ago I took a shot in the dark and emailed Peter Hurley asking if he had any tips, since I learned a lot from his headshot DVD. He actually took the time to personally reply to me with a few tips, some compliments, and great encouragement. Really stand up guy, he even sent me a second email to advise me to turn my auto-responder off :p

I like the first one. Something about the b&w one makes it look unrealistic to me... At first glance it kind of looks like a very good drawing rather than a photograph.

Another fan of the first! I don't hate the BW, but I think the conversion could use some work. Something about the balance of light/dark doesn't feel quite right.

Like the first shot, has a bit of an hdr or topaz look to it but you kept it subtle enough that it works.
Next time take it from just a slightly higher angle, feels a little up the nose.
The light and shadow mix looks just right as does the overall lighting and exposure.

Second shot decidedly from too low and up the nose, not a good candidate for black and white.
The shadows in the shot are not complimentary....on the plus side you did get a nice natural look from him for the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back