A couple more from yesterday...

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. I totally screwed up. I wasn't paying attention to the angle I was shooting and the shed... If I level the base of it the siding lines are tilted...
8090336409_173411657f_z.jpg

2. In black and white the shed siding becomes one huge distratction
8090340414_c4982204d7_z.jpg

3. Yep, he's dead center!! But I really like it anyway. Emotionally attached? Yep. My family chose the vignetted background. I am not so sure on it.
8090340634_186a86f85f_z.jpg

4.I do like the vignetted background in the black and white.
8090340502_327d2f394f_z.jpg

4. He was waiting while I got gear out, turned on and settings dialed in. I shot this as a test shot and now I wish I'd shot a real one. Damn swing!!!
8090336911_47e673c13a_z.jpg

5. The black and white doesn't help my swing issue at all.
8090337061_da96bb7fbb_z.jpg

Good shots. Colors seem a bit saturated, but my monitor sucks.

The b&w conversion of the first one can be handled a LOT better, in my opinion! Use a lot less of the red. I also find the first two conversions too contrasty for my taste.

The third is quite awesome. I'm not sure what your problem is with the swing, I think it's fine.

The kid's great. I love that his mouth is pretty much sneer-shaped. He's probably thinking about puppies, but he LOOKS like he's a rebel.

Good shots. Colors seem a bit saturated, but my monitor sucks.
No, it's probably not your monitor. The one I am using is calibrated, but I know something just doesn't feel right on it. I am using a different machine than I normally do right now and it does NOT like CS6 much at all. The monitor is a good one. I think the graphics somewhere in the computer are the problem. I am having all of my hard drives switched out for new ones right now and the old ones put into my archive and then to the computer I am using now... It doesn't take long, but I am stuck while they've got my stuff!

Saturation seems wayyyy too high. Even for an "EFX" type of look.I can confidently say that 1,3,and 4 are wayyy over-sat. In the seated pose a bit more space under the buttocks and the sole of the boot would make it look a bit more balanced and peaceful...but I have the feeling that might be all the space that was left there when that shot was taken...

I seldom look too much at the clothing that people wear, but that doggone hole in those jeans...MAN...it exerts a LOT of visual "pull" in the standing shots...it really,really,really pulls my eye away from his face...I know torn jeans are big these days, but yeesh...if I wasn't so damned lazy I might take the patch tool and patch it and compare a frame or two with the gigantic hole and one without the ginormous Hole From Another Solar System...

The b&w conversion of the first one can be handled a LOT better, in my opinion! Use a lot less of the red. I also find the first two conversions too contrasty for my taste.

The third is quite awesome. I'm not sure what your problem is with the swing, I think it's fine.

The kid's great. I love that his mouth is pretty much sneer-shaped. He's probably thinking about puppies, but he LOOKS like he's a rebel.
I might have to double process that first one. THe problem with red is that there is a LOT of it in the shadows of his face, so I am using them to bring it up some... Causing me problems.
I tent towards the really contrasty black and whites. I have one on my wall now that I probably over did too. She's lost some detail in her face because of it. Definitely will revisit and see what I can do with my levels layers.

Saturation seems wayyyy too high. Even for an "EFX" type of look.I can confidently say that 1,3,and 4 are wayyy over-sat. In the seated pose a bit more space under the buttocks and the sole of the boot would make it look a bit more balanced and peaceful...but I have the feeling that might be all the space that was left there when that shot was taken...

I seldom look too much at the clothing that people wear, but that doggone hole in those jeans...MAN...it exerts a LOT of visual "pull" in the standing shots...it really,really,really pulls my eye away from his face...I know torn jeans are big these days, but yeesh...if I wasn't so damned lazy I might take the patch tool and patch it and compare a frame or two with the gigantic hole and one without the ginormous Hole From Another Solar System...
Totally made me spit coffee with that Hole From Another Solar System.
I'll see what I can do for you on that one. Going back to tone down my "pop." Need my computer back!!!

The creation of coffee-spitting reactions on the part of my readers is my prime directive on this board,madame Leek... you oughtta' know that by now! (wink)

Some adjustments made. No, Derrel... I haven't gotten to the Hole From Another Planet... Later... when I have time!
8090509867_3b074e0d92_z.jpg

8090509995_8c327428cc_z.jpg

8090499148_60c505fec3_z.jpg

8090500396_60d2028f90_z.jpg

8090498714_27a86fed05_z.jpg

8090500558_f52ed39a3d_z.jpg

Shamelessly bumping cuz I want feedback on the ones I adjusted!

Well done. I like all of the b&w's now. The colors are nice as well, but the warm toned b&w's work really well with the backgrounds and the hat, and they're all quite nice.

I think I'd use the bottom edge of the barn as the reference for a level horizon. Have you tried that?

Well done. I like all of the b&w's now. The colors are nice as well, but the warm toned b&w's work really well with the backgrounds and the hat, and they're all quite nice.
I am a black and white person too. I really love them and they can go well in my home. Color ones have to change with the seasons!
I think I'd use the bottom edge of the barn as the reference for a level horizon. Have you tried that?
Yeah, when I leveled the base of the barn I got drunk siding lines. I have to try the fix Scott did next.
I really like #3 (the color version). cute kid :)
Me too, unfortunately I didn't shoot a real shot of him sitting there and move the darned swing :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back