A Couple More Shots of Big Oak Josh the Body Builder

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tend to have a different chemistry with each model I work with. Some are super easy to get along with and our chemistry is so perfect that every shot we get is amazing right from the beginning of the shoot, and communicating with them is easy. Josh is not that guy. He's a bit quiet and reserved, and during our shoots there isn't much talking, other than me giving directions. It doesn't mean that I get all bad shots, but it really takes a lot more work to get the great shots that I want, and unfortunately not as many turn out. I really wish I was able to get more great shots from this shoot, but I guess theres always next time.

Shot in all natural light (direct sunlight). I wish we would have been able to schedule for an earlier time slot in the morning to get sunlight from a lower angle.
EOS 5D MKI, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 lens set to f/8, 1/1250th sec, ISO 200.
_mg_1818_by_danostergren-dce90zd.jpg

_mg_1835_by_danostergren-dce90zn.jpg

The work paid off. You make all your models look photogenic.

You really think earlier in the morning would have been better? I think the strong contrast of the shadows is fitting with this model especially with his expressions.

You really think earlier in the morning would have been better? I think the strong contrast of the shadows is fitting with this model especially with his expressions.

I like the high contrast lighting as well, but I think I could have gotten a little more light in his eyes with sunlight that was at a bit lower of an angle, and still utilize the high contrast look from using direct sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

New Topics

Back