A couple of oldies but not baddies

Judge Sharpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken in 1972 with my Minolta 201 135 1.2 Rikor lens and probably Figicolor print film ASA 100. Go a head and cc them I don't thin that they are too bad.

train400000.png

train300000.png

My older prints are not holding up over time, as I thought they would, that is a color shift and a muddieness I don't remember. I am trying to locate my negatives to see if they did better.
Thanks for looking
Judge Sharpe

I love the second. The aging adds a great vintage feel to it.

Discounting the effects of aging prints (C135?) there's nothing wrong with them at all. Not that you can really have a bad image of a steam loco 'getting it out'. I don't recognize this one though; what loco & what road?

I will have to consult my notes, It was a Norfork and Weastern run on a steam excersion in Birmingham in 1972. I have some other images somewhere of the loco the will show the engin number.
The second is one of my favorites, taken just as the sun was comming up behind the engin as it was gettin up steam.
I think that this trip was one of the last to go to Chatanooga over the Long and Nasty (L&N) before they stopped the steam excersions here. I mis- remember that this was before L&N was folded into the Chicken S__t Express (CSX).
I miss the old big steam that used to be aroun here in the 50s, 60s, and 70s.
Judge Sharpe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back