A couple of pics for C&C

rmagers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
#1. Partially frozen stream in NW Omaha, NE.

#2 Windmill in Field. NW Omaha, NE.

On 2 maybe crop from the top of the dirt mound...so just sky and tower, since the bottom of the tower is clipped....or maybe just a sliver of the dirt below to provide a base.

Why would you crop the first to even wider than landscape when all you are doing is including more brush that doesn't add anything?
Why not crop as 5 x 4, which is a typical aspect ratio here in the Americas?
Taking and processing photos is not done at random so you need to think through why you are doing something when you do it.

69108826373f4e755df1bll.jpg

Portrait orientation would have been better for the stream. Would be a cooler shot if you go closer to the river and go up close and personal. Looks like your on a bridge over looking here.

Don't like #1, not your fault. just nothing in it for me.

Like #2. Love the blade movement. Like the contrast of windmill to sky and land.

Good work, keep em coming Pentaxian!

Why would you crop the first to even wider than landscape when all you are doing is including more brush that doesn't add anything?
Why not crop as 5 x 4, which is a typical aspect ratio here in the Americas?
Taking and processing photos is not done at random so you need to think through why you are doing something when you do it.

69108826373f4e755df1bll.jpg

Yes, crop is better. But it is still beating a dead horse to me. Some photos just should not be taken. Unless you had some reason to convey this part frozen image. Next time look for a macro shot within it? Maybe something interesting in macro other than drab brown nothing. And if not, don't waste your time forcing an image. Always have the image be able to speak on its own. Like your other shot.

Now if your a newbie to pix, you shoot everyhting under the sun when new. If that is the case, then just keep shooting. In my case, I've shot tons of film in my life. So am picky about snaping now. If the picture is not there, I put the lens cap back on.

Thanks to everyone for C&C. The original was cropped to remove blown out sky. I agree the the 5X4 aspect ratio is much better.

Diskojoe: I was on a bridge. Would have loved to get down closer but couldn't do it safely.

Love the windmill, just wish there was a base to it.

Most reactions

Back