A dangerous shot

I digg the shot! I mean the action and the way you framed it totally work for me.
I think if I were to have to suggest something to try to improve it, it would be lighting next time. But with that comes extra expenses.

I do think that with the shot the way it is, you have a bit too much in the warm category, maybe that is a heat light or something, but it just kind of blends together. The snake obviously grabs your attention, but the rest of the shot just kind of blends together.
Took a whack at it, pulled the image into 3 parts, mouth, body, background. Did a high contrast B&W on the background and then layered it over the original with 71% opacity (desaturated it). Then the body was desaturated a bit and hit with some level adjustments. Then I used Viveza 2 to edit it's mouth.

1122419267_63EGS-L.jpg

not sure if its within the "rules" (this is my first Post on here) but For me the picture was much more of a snap shot...and you were asking for Critques and comments so for me what differed it from a powerful image and a snap shot was composition. So now since it is what it is in the file/film you can always help it it along.

I figured its within the rules since your willing to edit color and other things...so why not crop in closer to the snake and just take out that background. Not saying crop down to just the snakes mouth, but rather down the the point where the background isn't as distracting, you still get a snese of space/location, but the snake is far more invading the personal space of the viewer.

I messed around in lightroom with it, but trying to figure out how to put it in the response without posting it on the web somewhere else...

I don't know...I feel if it was cropped in, it would make ever more of a "oh holy crap a snake" effect.

SNAKE.jpg

think it looks good. Would you mind if I play with it in Lightroom? Although I don't really know what im doing, its fun as hell.

awesome.jpg

Fiddled with it a sec...probably made the background too dark, but that's what happens when you just fiddle.

Okay. I'll play. This is a great image to photoshop around with. I increased the texture, detail, contrast and concentrated on bring out the colors in the snake's mouth.

Ridiculous skills man .. ridiculous!

Okay. I'll play. This is a great image to photoshop around with. I increased the texture, detail, contrast and concentrated on bring out the colors in the snake's mouth.

awesome.jpg

This is really well done IMO. The others were good to, but this one looks much more realistic. I also wish I had photoshop skills like this!

<P>I cropped the photo to the beginning of the coil on the left and just past the first red triangle on&nbsp;the right of the mouth - don't know how to post it though.&nbsp; It is quite a bit more dramatic.</P>

<P>I cropped the photo to the beginning of the coil on the left and just past the first red triangle on&nbsp;the right of the mouth - don't know how to post it though.&nbsp; It is quite a bit more dramatic.</P>

To post you have to upload it to photobucket or flikr or some other sort of photo sharing website then post the link here. I look forward to seeing your edit.

Wow this picture is amazing. And with the people that helped you with editing ideas..it turned out great :)
Scared me to death when I got down to the last few really good ones..looks almost 3D in a way

If you run out of ideas, you can always try some actions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back