What's new

A Day at the Beach

Nice set, my favorites are #2 and #4 -really love #4. With #2 though, I'm getting the feeling of the need to have been further back from it or down a bit lower.
 
Yep 4 is all kinds of yum! Very nice!

Did you try 3 in B&W? It was my first thought when looking at it, you have a nice balance with bush and clouds there.

#2, I totally get that shot and wanting more out of it , at the family cottage there is a single big rock that sits in the water, I have shot that thing 9 ways to sundown and have never found "the" shot of it, I always expect more and end up let down.

I didn't try #3 in B&W, but I just converted a different shot of the rock in #2. I think I like it better. Thoughts?

p127461884-6.jpg
 
Yep 4 is all kinds of yum! Very nice!

Did you try 3 in B&W? It was my first thought when looking at it, you have a nice balance with bush and clouds there.

#2, I totally get that shot and wanting more out of it , at the family cottage there is a single big rock that sits in the water, I have shot that thing 9 ways to sundown and have never found "the" shot of it, I always expect more and end up let down.

I didn't try #3 in B&W, but I just converted a different shot of the rock in #2. I think I like it better. Thoughts?

p127461884-6.jpg
still a rock. But in bw like many things it bring it to a more artistic side and makes it easier to overlook it is just a rock. so i guess it is better (though not really), it is perceived better.
 
I like the conversion much better than the colour, it simplifies things so we see the patterns in the sand around the rock that was lost in the colour version.
If you revisit the site perhaps a landscape orientation to complete the edges of the circle of sand with the rock following the rule of thirds to one side and mess with the perspective ...
 
I tried a landscape shot, but my mind was set on lining up the cloud, rock, and surf in a manner that seemed to require portrait orientation.
Never mind keeping people out of the frame. ;)

I think I have a shot where the sand pattern isn't clipped on the sides.

Thanks!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom