A day before the wedding

Dinardy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
Very nice! I might crop both a little more tightly, but they're great captures.

Thanks tirediron! Yes, I agree. I'll spend a little more time adjusting the crop

#1 looks like the whites in her sweater are a bit toward the over-exposed side of things, and those yellow flowered bushes in thr background are VERY much competing for attention...I think maybe reducing the exposure on the whites, using the curves tool or highlight recovery if you have it, would be a good idea. Also, lowering the yellow's luminance and saturation a bit would help. The degree of contrast,and saturation, appears too high in #1.

#2 looks very realistic for an overcast/rainy kind of day. A very nice rendering of lighting in that shot. Cute shot too. In most ways, I prefer #2, since the background does not compete so much.

Ok
I went for a tighter crop
Brought down the exposure on the jacket
Brought down saturation in yellow
Adjusted levels, exposure is more center weighted.
Warmed the subject up a tad and brought saturation down on the dress.

Am I getting closer? lol

Attachments

• $DSC_2190.jpg
    $DSC_2190.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 145
I think this looks better, yes. The whites in the sweater are still looking a bit over though. I would call them blown. Toning down the yellow on the background plants has REALLY improved the shot though, as far as being able to look at her, and 'see' her, without all the yellow pulling my eye away.

I think this looks better, yes. The whites in the sweater are still looking a bit over though. I would call them blown. Toning down the yellow on the background plants has REALLY improved the shot though, as far as being able to look at her, and 'see' her, without all the yellow pulling my eye away.

Ah ok, well I'll continue to work on the sweater, I'm having a hard time making it look realistic compared to the scene. I might have to dust off and prime the old copy of CS3 and see what I can do...
Or it may not be worth it, I'll be back there on Saturday for the real thing.

Another added for C&C

My favorite is #1. I would have loved to see how it looked if you had included the third bush in the background rather than only including a small part. Love her pose and her facial expression.

#3 is pretty cute too. Seems a little underexposed. You could probably push the whites and highlights a little. What a cutie...is she yours?

Wow, that little girl is damn cute! I can't wait to see her in a little flower girl dress...hehe

Another added for C&C

I think this third image is the ringer! Better crop, and all the wrinkles and twists in her sweater help hide the bit of blown whites. (Gotta watch those whites!) :) She is a cute little munchkin, and her parents are going to love this one.

A much better job with the first one, toning down those yellow flowers. You could easily crop that sliver on the right side of the frame, too, to help keep the eye from straying from your charming subject.

Good luck Saturday!! We will want the pics!

Oh Derrel you always have good advice! I like it much better with the yellows toned down!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back