A Fashion Shoot in One Day...The Process

Ease off Craig, she has a small point... and it is rude to use profane language with ladies.

Perhaps you're just having a really bad day. Can we let this go?

Actually I had an outstanding day. Not willing to let it go, but please (anyone) PM me if they have issues with my replies. This way we will not detract from the original post.

)'(

Mmm this solidifies me wanting to get into fashion photography. Sounds like I need to up my chops quite a bit before even considering it though, I have my basics down but with only around 4 months of actual experience I have much to learn!

It sounds like a long day, do you ever get tired of doing it? Do you have any creative privileges or do they art directors pretty much take over?

The Art Director's rarely take over. Once you have been hired for the job and it is you they want and the theme has been established, you have Carte Blanche.

In fact, for most of my magazine shoots, I work with my retouch artist developing a concept and presenting it to the editor. When the theme is established, I discus it with the fashion stylist so that the can go out to get the appropriate clothes and accessories.

You may wish to listen to this series:
Here is part 3 dealing more with photo shoots. http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/?p=1071

Last edited:
Great! It's not like you are telling us anything that we do not know already. The whole world knows how a high end fashion shoot goes down. I think even Lifetime Channel ran a reality series on it. What''s your point?

Love & Bass

Sorry, as a Canadian living in Paris, I wasn't aware of the Lifetime Channel. But I have seen several programs on this process and many are not really up to what I would consider the reality of the BIZ.

Most reactions

Back