A Few Favorites from 2008

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Funny how since I prefer shooting landscapes, thinking about my favorites a street scene stands out for me;

Uneasy St.
600w-gs-sqf8099.jpg

-
I've been to this location several times and decided to check it out while a storm was passing;

Busy Day at the Jackrabbit Ranch
780-c0724w.jpg

-
The next one is another location I've been to over several years before getting what I wanted;

Arch
780-c5806w.jpg

-
Utah is remarkable. Not 20 feet from the road I found this quiet little part of it that I had to myself for the hour and a half I had there out of my four day trip.

400-0652.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Number 1 I hadn't seen before and is very cool! I know number 2 is a huge "fan favourite", but I personally find it a bit busy, especially compared to your body of work. Number 3 is my pick from the bunch by far; the subject is superb and your photo does it justice (great angle and time of day/light). Number 4 I'll have to get back to you on :)

I've seen a lot of pictures from you that I loved this year; 2008 was a great time for abraxas photography if you ask me, and four photos are not a sample big enough. Looking forward to more of your stuff in 2009.

Last edited:
Some nice shots there AB. I especially like the 2nd one.

Thanks!

Number 1 I hadn't seen before and is very cool! I know number 2 is a huge "fan favourite", but I personally find it a bit busy, especially compared to your body of work. Number 3 is my pick from the bunch by far; the subject is superb and your photo does it justice (great angle and time of day/light). Number 4 I'll have to get back to you on :)

I've seen a lot of pictures from you that I loved this year; 2008 was a great time for abraxas photography if you ask me, and four photos are not a sample big enough. Looking forward to more of your stuff in 2009.

Thank you- Other than summer being a bit slow, I tried to keep moving and make the most of where I went. Zion in Utah was new for me, and I missed out on a trip to Arizona that I had been planning for years, but accomplished visiting several other locations that were probably of a higher priority than I realized (ex: Keane Springs in Death Valley has been shut down and locked off).

I'm going to make this next year the best yet. I've been ramping up for longer trips. Staying out for 4-5 days at a time and making it more about art instead of documentation. So far the weather pattern matches that of a good year for wildflowers. I'm hoping to be where I have to when things get blossoming.

Superb shots, number 1 really freeked me out. I liked it sooo much. Plus, number 3 is amazing compo as mentioned above. Superb.

Thank you. Every one of them is the top of a massive pyramid of memories for me.

2 is my fave by far, though the others are outstanding. HDR? PP techniques? I'm very curious.

Thanks!

No HDR in any of these. The Jackrabbit Ranch and Arch were both printed 5x7, on metallic paper, matted and mounted for a local photo contest each recieving a blue ribbon for first place (I won a total of 7 first place and 5 third--I'll be waving that baton around for awhile). I'm very happy with them. :)

All nice. #3 is my personal favorite.

Thank you.

I was going to send you a PM to tell you this, but I see I can't, so I'll just say here that your avatar scares me. :lol:

Fantastic shots, and so interesting to see which ones, of your large body of work, are your faves.

I like 'em all, but I'd have to say #4 is my fave (guess I march to the beat of a different drummer than the other posters :greenpbl: )

I was going to send you a PM to tell you this, but I see I can't, so I'll just say here that your avatar scares me. :lol:

I turned that off when I got too many complaints about my avatars. :) This one fit my signature so good.

Fantastic shots, and so interesting to see which ones, of your large body of work, are your faves.

I like 'em all, but I'd have to say #4 is my fave (guess I march to the beat of a different drummer than the other posters :greenpbl: )

Thank you. Usually my favorite is the last one I did--at least for a few days. These came to mind first when I was thinking about it. Immediately after I posted I thought of a couple more, but maybe these are my favorites since they came to mind first?

#3 is my pic out of this group, but some of your wildflower shots from earlier this year are my personal favorites! Thank you for sharing them!

I don't remember seeing the arch image before. It's beautiful.

Dani

I turned that off when I got too many complaints about my avatars. :) This one fit my signature so good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, for the record, mine wasn't going to be a complaint! :lol:

I see MissMia is supporting your cause now. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back