A few from around the bird feeder

BillM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
nice enough to open the windows today.

Pretending to be a woodpecker so i wouldn't notice him eating my woodpecker food :grumpy:

Thanks for looking

Of course, I forget you guy's are just changing seasons. Here as well but still really hot and fine. Anyway, that second to last shot is so darn cute with that look and head tilt. :) That really appeals. I'm a sucker for small birds, sparrows, finches, etc.

What's the second bird Bill ?? Gorgeous birds with nice markings, colours and details. Beautiful. The Woodies are one of my favourites of what you folks have up there. I would love to have a crack at those, maybe one day.

All the best Bill, great shots and nice variety as always. Well taken.

Danny.

Of course, I forget you guy's are just changing seasons. Here as well but still really hot and fine. Anyway, that second to last shot is so darn cute with that look and head tilt. :) That really appeals. I'm a sucker for small birds, sparrows, finches, etc.

What's the second bird Bill ?? Gorgeous birds with nice markings, colours and details. Beautiful. The Woodies are one of my favourites of what you folks have up there. I would love to have a crack at those, maybe one day.

All the best Bill, great shots and nice variety as always. Well taken.

Danny.

Second photo is an American Robin. And most of us here would LOVE to have a chance to switch places with you for a bit. NZ has some beautiful birds!

Great shots!
I couldn't figure out why I havent seen any birds at my feeder at all this spring. Then I found a pair of kestrels nesting in my roof :grumpy: I really don't want to disturb them till they are done. Enjoy the backyard birding!

Great shots!
I couldn't figure out why I havent seen any birds at my feeder at all this spring. Then I found a pair of kestrels nesting in my roof :grumpy: I really don't want to disturb them till they are done. Enjoy the backyard birding!

LOL

Every now and then I'll notice a lack of birds at the feeder and i will always find her waiting for her "feeding" :blushing:

If you follow that link to SmugMug you'll see her on a "successful" day, just scroll down.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone :thumbup:

# 5 is especially nice. Hmm... is that woody a camera hog? -- seems to me we have seen him before. :) Lee

American Robin huh, drop dead gorgeous bird IMO Bill. Nice on the last shot as well. Keeping a close eye out by the looks :). Nice to see.

All the best Bill and thanks for the info.

Danny.

Don't go looking at the other picture on SmugMug if you are a fan of Robins :blushing:

I'm thinking this is a female just about to lay some eggs.

The robins are cool and fun to get. The ones here are pretty bold and abundant. What is the finch in the last set of 3? I've either seen those or something very similar lately but can't get anything decent. They are about the size of my pinky and stay still for a total of about .00407 seconds at a time.

That would be an American Goldfinch, at least I believe it to be. There were some really colorful ones today but something about that one really caught my eye. Add in the fact that it actually sat still on the perch instead of hanging on the thistle feeder just sealed the deal lol

There was a great crested flycatcher there for a split second before that too, I really wanted a shot of that but i take what i can get.

Don't go looking at the other picture on SmugMug if you are a fan of Robins :blushing:

I'm thinking this is a female just about to lay some eggs.

Superb eye contact and a great background. Man they are one very nice looking bird. love the details Bill.

Danny.

That would be an American Goldfinch, at least I believe it to be. There were some really colorful ones today but something about that one really caught my eye. Add in the fact that it actually sat still on the perch instead of hanging on the thistle feeder just sealed the deal lol

There was a great crested flycatcher there for a split second before that too, I really wanted a shot of that but i take what i can get.

Yep, you are correct; American Goldfinch. Either female or immature, I stink at knowing how to decide things like that.

That last Robin picture--WOW, that is just Spot. On. Love that! They are such photogenic birds anyway, but I love that shot.

Thanks, that is actually one of my favorite perches, it is a fence post but it works out well. They seem to like it as a spot to stop before hitting the feeders.

And a male Goldfinch for comparison

Funny how robins get passed over as too common place to be good photo opportunities when they are quite a handsome bird. All very nice, with those perching on the post being outstanding.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back