Perspective is everything....

Philmar

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Almost 4 years ago we moved close to Toronto's beach. I found a new muse: Leuty Lifeguard Station which I visit night and day, summer and winter.

Hard to believe but this is the same beach lifeguard station in all these photos. But it is. It shows how differing point of view, perspective, lighting and compression work to create different looks of the same subject, even with large static objects.

A great exercise for photographers is to take photos of the same subject with the purpose of creating different interpretations.

My wife keeps asking how many photos I plan to take of the building as I often get up before dawn to greet it. I doubt I'll ever tire of my muse.

Puppy love at the Leuty Lifeguard Station - The Beaches, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Leuty Lifeguard Station before dawn - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Victoria Day fireworks over Leuty Lifeguard Station - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Leuty Lifeguard Station and Toronto skyline before dawn - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Leuty Lifeguard Station and autumn's glory - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Leuty Lifeguard Station - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Another glorious sunrise over Lake Ontario and the Leuty Lifeguard Station - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very Nice Set!

Most impressive is an understatement! Hard to believe these are all the same place. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Great photos and nice anthology. As a newbie I like when someone gives me a new perspective on photography.
Thanks,
Pete

Fantastic set of shots, love them all.

Almost 4 years ago we moved close to Toronto's beach. I found a new muse: Leuty Lifeguard Station which I visit night and day, summer and winter.

Hard to believe but this is the same beach lifeguard station in all these photos. But it is. It shows how differing point of view, perspective, lighting and compression work to create different looks of the same subject, even with large static objects.

A great exercise for photographers is to take photos of the same subject with the purpose of creating different interpretations.

My wife keeps asking how many photos I plan to take of the building as I often get up before dawn to greet it. I doubt I'll ever tire of my muse.

Puppy love at the Leuty Lifeguard Station - The Beaches, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Leuty Lifeguard Station before dawn - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Victoria Day fireworks over Leuty Lifeguard Station - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Leuty Lifeguard Station and Toronto skyline before dawn - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Leuty Lifeguard Station and autumn's glory - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Another glorious sunrise over Lake Ontario and the Leuty Lifeguard Station - Kew Beach, Toronto by Phil Marion, on Flickr

great set!

Great set! A perfect example of changing your view.

What the others all said....exactly!

Inspiring. You found a subject that interested you, and you kept it interesting.

Most reactions

Back