A few from today's Zoo walk

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, got a few from today's zoo walk - I'll include a couple of kitties but they are not as good as Barb's.. wow.. did you see those? They were phenomenal.

Ok, anyway, a few from today's Zoo walk. These were shot at.. yes, a Zoo. These animals live at a Zoo. A big Zoo. A Zoo right here in Omaha. The Henry Doorly Zoo. So hopefully including that in the title and half a dozen times in the preamble will be enough that any one that doesn't like pictures taken at the zoo will be well and truly warned that these were indeed taken at a zoo and thus they can skip over them completely and move on with their lives.

Whew.. ok, now that all the disclaimers are out of the way, just a few from today's Zoo walk. Hmm.. did I mention I took these at a zoo? Rotfl:

20140704 s200 093 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

20140704 s200 230 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

20140704 50 076 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

20140704 50 097 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

20140704 50 148 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

20140704 s200 024 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

20140704 s200 007 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

Oh, now you've got me embarrassed and laughing!

These are fantastic. I'm so jealous of your "no fence" shots. And the kitties.....:heart: Those paws in the last one are HUGE!

The first gorilla one is great, he looks like he's trying to figure something out. Like who this guy is that comes and visits him every day and takes his picture?

What program do you use to edit? Lightroom by chance? And if so, do you use presets? I have a zoo one, but it seems to make my pictures way too bright and on the blue side.

Ah, nevermind. Just checked your flickr. You use photoshop. I'll keep tweaking my preset until I get it the way I want.

Were these made at a zoo? Because they're great photos, especially the 1st and last.

Oh, now you've got me embarrassed and laughing!

These are fantastic. I'm so jealous of your "no fence" shots. And the kitties.....:heart: Those paws in the last one are HUGE!

The first gorilla one is great, he looks like he's trying to figure something out. Like who this guy is that comes and visits him every day and takes his picture?

Lol.. actually I think he's the mastermind behind their escape plan.

What program do you use to edit? Lightroom by chance? And if so, do you use presets? I have a zoo one, but it seems to make my pictures way too bright and on the blue side.

Ah, nevermind. Just checked your flickr. You use photoshop. I'll keep tweaking my preset until I get it the way I want.

Yup.. photoshop. I don't use Lightroom myself, just never really got the hang of it.

Good ones this time too, Robbins...as always good shots.

Thanks Izzie, wish I had gotten a few more kitty shots but just wasn't the day for it I guess. I'd hoped for a few more since I won't be going back tomorrow but maybe I can get over there Sunday and shoot a few extra. :)

Were these made at a zoo? Because they're great photos, especially the 1st and last.

Ah crap. Ya, you caught me.. these were zoo pics. I was kind of hoping people would think these were backyard shots. Guess I'll have to work on my photoshop skills.. lol.

So, you go to the zoo.....a lot?

I would love for the zoo here locally to have been photo areas, the glass is always 'nasty', the wire is too close together(and far away to keep it from being really annoying), and most of the animals are inside(out of the heat and high humidity). Maybe I'll try to get to the Memphis Zoo sometime....maybe they wipe glass.

Like going on a mini safari!!!!

Scott (that's not your backyard) B

The third one is hilarious, he looks so proud of his butt, and the other one equally envious.. :lmao:
BTW you should have clearly told us that these were taken at a zoo :grumpy: :lol:

One , three and seven are my favs. Nice shots. You should have warned us these were taken at the zoo ;-)

Nice shots Todd....but I wish you would tell us where you took them!:mrgreen:

You got some good shots there! I live in west Omaha and whenever I go there Im never happy with my shots.

Do you live in Omaha?

Oh sure, I tell you then you tell someone else and before long the whole place becomes a total zoo. Lol

You are so funny!! That's a compliment.
Lol, thanks. See I was all prepared to storm off in a huff, then I realized I have no idea where my huff is... I think its somewhere in the back of the closet with all my winter coats.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back