Testing the new lens, short zoo walk

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did you do anything differently in post processing these ?

Overall I would say these are sharper with lower noise and really nice contrast. I think these are really nice :headbang:

Did you do anything differently in post processing these ?

Overall I would say these are sharper with lower noise and really nice contrast. I think these are really nice :headbang:

Thanks Bill, biggest difference would probably be the lens, this was the first outing for the Tamron 70-300 mm. Very impressed with the lens overall, and man it is so much lighter than the 70-200.

Thread title: "Zoo walk", Poster: "Robbins"... Contains: picture of monkeys... Colour me surprised!

;)

Nice set!

Very nice set. I have to agree with the others. If everything else is the same, this lens beats up on the Sigma. The pose of the gorilla in the middle shot is fantastic. Looks like he is sitting in a lovesac or a bean bag in the last one. :)

These all look very good! Nice and sharp! You may have a keeper lens there!

I think so - I was pretty impressed with it overall, much easier to carry than the 70-200 that's for certain. Couldn't complain about the price either, paid $225 for it from KEH. The 70-200 will still see plenty of use of course, but it sure is nice having something lighter for wandering around the zoo with since most of the lowlight shots I take there can be handled by the 50 or the 85.

Real nice....!! I very even using Sony A77 and A99

I looked at Sony pretty hard when I first got into digital about a year ago, almost went that route but wound up choosing Nikon. Sony does make some nice cameras though, I can certainly see why some folks choose them. For me the Nikon system was just a better fit I think, but that's the nice part about cameras - you have a lot of different systems to choose from so odds are good you can find one that fits your individual needs.

If you are using LR you can get rid of the ca on your 50 MM real easy. Notice the pink and green whiskers on the Puma, you can get that out in 3 clicks :thumbup:

If you are using LR you can get rid of the ca on your 50 MM real easy. Notice the pink and green whiskers on the Puma, you can get that out in 3 clicks :thumbup:

Didn't even see it myself.. biggest problem I'm having at the moment is that my glasses are a couple of years out of date and as a result my vision has gotten pretty bad, so it's a bit harder for me to post process at the moment. I went in and had my prescription updated and ordered new glasses but they haven't arrived yet. Hopefully sometime next week or so, then with any luck I might be able to start noticing some of this stuff a little easier.

Most reactions

Back