Testing the new lens, short zoo walk

Take a look at frames direct . com, I paid 1/3 of what i usually pay for a pair of glasses locally. And the customer service was great !!!

Take a look at frames direct . com, I paid 1/3 of what i usually pay for a pair of glasses locally. And the customer service was great !!!

Lol.. well I have to get my glasses made by the same guys that made the hubbel telescope, so cheap glasses are not an option for me. The cheapest I can get this with insurance is about $180 (anybody with a somewhat normal perscription with my insurance can get one pair a year for free), without insurance I can't touch a pair for less than $499. And believe me, almost none of that cost is related to the frames - it's the lenses that kill my wallet every time.

Excellent! the 2nd gorilla looks like he's posing for "Muscle" magazine. lol

Oh they are not "cheap", one pair locally cost me over $600. From them I paid less than $300.

did you compare the Tamron 70-300 mm F/4.5-5.6 VC to a Nikon 70-300 blah-blah VR ? I'm still waddling in lake the confusion over a good but not expensive 300 lens.

did you compare the Tamron 70-300 mm F/4.5-5.6 VC to a Nikon 70-300 blah-blah VR ? I'm still waddling in lake the confusion over a good but not expensive 300 lens.

Well some time ago I actually sold my 70-300 mm Nikkor, it was after I had purchased the 70-200 mm and it just wasn't getting used all that much. I did really like the 70-300 mm Nikkor with VR, it was a very sharp lens. I can't really do a side by side comparison though unfortunately, and even though I still have plenty of pics taken with my 70-300 mm Nikkor I don't really feel comfortable comparing them now because the stuff I shot with the Nikkor was when I was just first getting started, and my technique has improved so much since then that I don't think that would be a fair comparison.

I do think from what I've seen though that the Tamron is certainly as good as the Nikkor in most respects, certainly can't complain about the image quailty - the autofocus is fast and accurate, not to mention quiet. All in all I'd say it was well worth what I spent on it used from KEH.

Great shots like always, and that lens does a good job!

Most reactions

Back