A Few From Yesterday

Bios.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Great shots! I'm a fan of British landscape photography. British landscape photographers seem to tend towards the painterly look. It reminds me of watercolor paintings. I'd like to know more about that style. Would you be willing to describe your shooting and post techniques? Thank you in advance.

Over all a great set. Not sure I'm comfortable with such a purple sky in photo #1. Just doesn't look natural. Lately there has been quite bit of talk about Watermarks. Yours just are too large making them rather distracting.

Nice set! Just wondering what lens and settings you used?

@Joel_W:

I only boosted the saturation in the sky a small amount in lightroom, maybe the filtration is a little heavy but the sky was definitely a pretty awesome colour! Yeah might tone down the watermarks a little.

@JT and blackjack:

I'm using a Sigma 10-20mm mostly at the wide end with a cokin z-pro filter system which I have only owned for a week or so and am really pleased with. It seems to have minimal vignetting in portrait even at 10mm (more in landscape orientation). The first one was shot with an ND8 + ND4 Soft Grad filters and 2 and 3 were shot with the ND8 grad and a hitech 10-stop to get the long exposures in the daytime.

The settings used were:

#1: 2.5 sec, f/11, iso 100.

#2: 150sec, f/16, iso 100.

#3: 100sec, f/16, iso 100.

Full exif info can be found by going on my flickr and clicking "actions" above the photo, then "view exif".

In lightroom I basically boost the blacks, contrast and vibrance, also exposure if necessary. Change the colour temp, crop and straighten the horizon. Then I apply localised exposure changes and sharpening if necessary with the brush. Sometimes add a colour gradient to the sky if it looks a little boring. Takes 5-10min per photo. With B&W I push the contrast much more than with colour and that's about it.

Hope this helps.

Went back again yesterday and took some more:

Inlet by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

Arthur's Beach Rocks by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

Arthur's Beach by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

@Joel_W:

I only boosted the saturation in the sky a small amount in lightroom, maybe the filtration is a little heavy but the sky was definitely a pretty awesome colour! Yeah might tone down the watermarks a little.

@JT and blackjack:

I'm using a Sigma 10-20mm mostly at the wide end with a cokin z-pro filter system which I have only owned for a week or so and am really pleased with. It seems to have minimal vignetting in portrait even at 10mm (more in landscape orientation). The first one was shot with an ND8 + ND4 Soft Grad filters and 2 and 3 were shot with the ND8 grad and a hitech 10-stop to get the long exposures in the daytime.

The settings used were:

#1: 2.5 sec, f/11, iso 100.

#2: 150sec, f/16, iso 100.

#3: 100sec, f/16, iso 100.

Full exif info can be found by going on my flickr and clicking "actions" above the photo, then "view exif".

In lightroom I basically boost the blacks, contrast and vibrance, also exposure if necessary. Change the colour temp, crop and straighten the horizon. Then I apply localised exposure changes and sharpening if necessary with the brush. Sometimes add a colour gradient to the sky if it looks a little boring. Takes 5-10min per photo. With B&W I push the contrast much more than with colour and that's about it.

Hope this helps.

Went back again yesterday and took some more:

Inlet by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

Arthur's Beach Rocks by [[BIOSPHERE]], on Flickr

Thanks for the info.
These new picture seem even better than the first ones :)

Thanks! Definitely getting out a lot more now I have these ND grads!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back