KongKurs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.andershp.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone.

Just thought I'd share a few of my recent photos from Denmark @ autumn. Comments and critique are very welcome :)

DSC8811edited-L.jpg

DSC8763-copy-L.jpg

DSC8678-Edit-L.jpg

Let me know what you think.. :)

I think you're on to something.
the first one's super cool with the fog.

Spuzzette is on to something too... watch that horizon.

The first two are crooked...the third is nice though!!!

The third looks tilt/shift to me, i like it

I like the fog look in the first one, though I think it might be a little busy (the bit of dirt on the left and tree on the right seem a little distracting to me). I like the second and third a lot though, i don't mind the angle on the 2nd and nice lines on the 3rd

#3: nice leading lines and clouds. might crop a bit of blue off the top, line the horizon up with rule of thirds.

#2. good sky, crooked horizon. the building is interesting, but perhaps try to get a secondary subject to help lead the viewer in

#1. great fog for atmosphere, gorgeous when nature cooperates like that. Tough call getting up high for a better view of the fog vs down low for a foreground anchor. I might have tried to use the tree just cut out on the right as a sort of anchor. Excellent low angle light shining on that fence, helps it pop. I would also crop the sky to rule of thirds and level the horizon.

great start!

Thanks for all the comments! Keep 'em coming :)

#1 I agree with you all, maybe I should straighten this out a bit.. Cropping the three on the right would remove some perspective and depth, wouldn't it? I have struggled with getting the colors right, I think the grass looks a little bit too cyan instead of green - I should have shot in RAW, I'm about to change from JPEG to RAW these days.

#2 is crooked on purpose, I think it adds a bit of drama and "weight" to the abandoned lifeguard station. Spacefuzz, you mean something in the background (at the trashcans)?

#3 I actually tried cropping this as a panorama, with good results, I could try posting this as well. I don't know what you mean by cropping so that the horizon are at rule of thirds..? Horizon two thirds up? I kinda like the horizon in the middle, is this against composition 'rules'?

Will post changes later - please stay tuned :)

Awright - I made a few changes...

i-rrhMfvz-L.jpg

Leveled the horizon, lightened the sky a bit, and cropped sky and right tree. Better, right?

i-hnsZNXq-L.jpg

Just cropped a bit off the sky, I think this works - the original above seems to have too much sky, I'll give you that.

i-37HbTKG-M.jpg

An example of photo 3 cropped more like a panorama.. Also usable, I think?

I really like it uncropped. I love the saturated colors and the texture.

#2 is nice, the good composition but the horizon is not leveled.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back