A few Macro pics I took today

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been practicing with my new Canon EFS 24mm macro lens. It is really difficult to figure out what is the best shutter speed based upon the amount of light. Today, it was overcast with the sun peeking through a little. Here are a few I took,.

Flower 4 (1 of 1).jpg

Flower 7 (1 of 1).jpg

Bug 2 (1 of 1).jpg

Fly 2 (1 of 1).jpg

Flower 11 (1 of 1).jpg

Bee 1 (1 of 1).jpg

Flower2 (1 of 1).jpg

Flower1 (1 of 1).jpg

Nice set set, #6 is my favorite, great capture.
Thanks. I think I am getting a little better at this macro thing. I'm reading & watching videos trying to broaden my skills. I can only take so many photos of Hank & Oscar.

Good set. Those Calla lilies are one of my favorite flowers. Your in flight wasp is great!

Good solid set. Looks like you're getting the hang of,it now throw on some extension tubes and take it to the next level.

Good solid set. Looks like you're getting the hang of,it now throw on some extension tubes and take it to the next level.
What type of extension tube do you recommend for my 7d & 5d?

What type of extension tube do you recommend for my 7d & 5d?
It depends on if you want manual or auto. Kenko, makes a decent set, Newer has a manual set. I've got an old set of Vello manual that I use with a manual focus legacy lens with aperture ring, mounted on a focus rail. Using manual isn't a problem as once you set focus the first time, subsequent shots are made by adjusting the rail incrementally, then combining all of the images post.

Most reactions

Back