What's new

A few more from my first wedding...

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
==1==
Wedding%20-%20KS%20-%202011-01-01%20-%20211.jpg


==2==
Wedding%20-%20KS%20-%202011-01-01%20-%20177.jpg


==3==
Wedding%20-%20KS%20-%202011-01-01%20-%20125.jpg


c/c welcome if desired.
 
Love the detail. These are incredibly sharp images and nicely exposed. I get the crop on number 2, but I wish I could see a version with heads to compare to. Nice set.
 
I really loved them; only that i wanted to include feet of both in the last for that sequence not to break; congrats.

regards :D
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
Thanks, everyone. I do have a shot in that relative time frame with heads. :) I'll put that up later.
 
(if your reply were to me; if not, please ignore this message)But see if you present it here, replacing the other it would have been a different kind of presentation, don't you think? ;)

Regards :D
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
^ Well, yeah... I actually chose to show this one this time around because it has a very different feel to it. I kinda like this one better. The other is just a typical wedding shot... this one struck me as a little more unique.
 
Nice shots! I kinda get the feeling that the wedding was in a small room or something. Maybe because of how tight the pictures are framed? What kind of lighting did you use for these shots? I think these would be great once included with the full set. Good job!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
Shot number 3 of her ham hock is an odd one;)

I thought the embroidery on her stockings was a neat detail that would have been forever lost. >shrug<

Nice shots! I kinda get the feeling that the wedding was in a small room or something. Maybe because of how tight the pictures are framed? What kind of lighting did you use for these shots? I think these would be great once included with the full set. Good job!

It was in a big house with small rooms. :) That said, I framed most of my shots very close. I realize this is a general tendency of mine that I may want to try break up now and again for future weddings. Thanks for mentioning it... you're reminding me I was concerned about it.

Thanks for the comments.
 
Shot number 3 of her ham hock is an odd one;)

I thought the embroidery on her stockings was a neat detail that would have been forever lost. >shrug<

If the intent was to have an image of the embroidery, then I would limit the extra stuff in the image and try and get closer in.

I'm thinking you getting really low down and shooting slightly up, with her leg and embroidery front and center with a wide angle.

Or something like that :D
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #12
Yeah good point. Honestly I was super shy about even asking her to do it. :lol:

"Hi, Bride, could you, um... hike up your dress??!?!?!"

But good ideas for next time.
 
lol... I hear ya. But there is a way to go about it nicely... like those shots from higher up looking down, you have to be mindful of cleavage.

As photographers, we have to be very tactful as we will sometimes see things we shouldn't, but also need to ask for things others wont to get THAT shot. :)

It also very much depends on the bride, which is why it is so important to get to know your clients before and during the shoot to see if they would be open to or totally closed to other things

People think that being a photographer is only about lights and a shutter...you are a psychologist, a mediator, a wedding / event coordinator, a friend, and so much more
 
Ack! Headless people!!
 
Nice and sharp baby, nice and sharp!!!:thumbup:

Can you turn the foot out or crop the shot just below the ankle bone? That will do it since the foot is turned in.

Love 'em!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom