A few more pictures from Kenya...

MHT223

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here's a couple more pictures from when I went to Kenya this July.

This one is taken near my friend's ranch. The neighbouring ranch has put up electric fench all round its plot and this is the only point where animals can cross. This picture is of the mother testing to see if the post is electric before she brings her calf through.

elephantpost.jpg

This one is Nairobi, Kenya's capital city from my hotel room.

nairobi1.jpg

The next three are all taken at a giraffe sanctuary in Nairobi. The last is my friend getting up close and personal with one of them.

giraffe2.jpg

giraffe1.jpg

andy1.jpg

Any comments welcome,

Mark

(Oh and any suggestions on my next camera greatly appreciated too. Was thinking of something like the Fuji S7000 as I can't afford to get fully kitted out with a DSLR yet)

Another series of very nice and unique photos here. The story behind the elephant photo is great :thumbup: They're smart animals.

who's the dude with a penchant for french kissing giraffes? :D

cool shots woodsac...especially the giraffes! Love the POV on that 4th one. :thumbup:

duh...i mean mark not woodsac :confused:

I am constantly amazed by the things animals learn to do when manmade obstacles are put in front of them. You've captured a fascinating moment in the elephant shot - and the second giraffe shot is just priceless, great job!

I agree - the reason behind that kick to the pole is just amazing - elephants are very smart animals. What a moment to capture! :thumbup:

I enjoyed the whole series. Nice work! :)

Most reactions

Back