A few Mt Rainier shots from today.

Tony S

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dang, it stayed colder than heck out today barely breaking the freezing point at the warmest. Wife was not happy as her car doors were frozen shut when she wanted to go shopping, warm water did the trick for her,

So I ventured out into the yard for a few snaps of the ole mountain at different times today as clouds would come and go. Here's a few of them.

Full afternoon sun with nice crisp clean snow......
405284443.jpg

Not too long before sunset with more clouds and getting colder by the minute...
405284444.jpg

You only have to "step out into the yard" in order to have THIS view??? Wow! :shock:

Envy! :meh:

I like the first. "Shy mountain", hiding behind a bit of cloud "veil". Too much "veil" in the second, to my mind, though the pink snow from the evening light is nice.

I'm getting really tired of the clouds around here. Last year I didn't notice them nearly as much since I wasn't actually into photography then. But now? Any chance I get to go out and get shots of Mt. Rainier at night, it's cloudy! And the road closures have blocked off all my favorite locations! Ok...end rant. Nice pictures!

Excellent!

I'm going to be in Seattle for work for 2 straight weeks at the end of this month, and I'll have a Saturday with the entire day to myself (actually I'll be on my own from Friday evening through Sunday mid-afternoon). Thinking pretty seriously about bringing the photo kit with me and renting a car that Saturday to drive over to Mt Rainier and find somewhere to get some shots like this.

RXForB3, are you talking about the passes being closed? Or are there other road closures over there I don't hear about on this side of the hill? The Yakima Canyon, White Pass and Oak Creek are always good alternative photo spots.

Jason, have a backup plan. Mt Rainier can be a fickle photo op with the weather around here, I am lucky that I live where I can look out the window to see if it's out and run out for shots between the rain showers. Check with me when your time off gets closer to see what I have going on. There are always other things to get when the mountain itself is not out.

Jason, have a backup plan. Mt Rainier can be a fickle photo op with the weather around here, I am lucky that I live where I can look out the window to see if it's out and run out for shots between the rain showers. Check with me when your time off gets closer to see what I have going on. There are always other things to get when the mountain itself is not out.

Thanks!

I've also talked to some people I work with that live out that way and they've said the same thing. They gave me some suggestions of some places that I should be able to get some photos from, (although I don't have that list handy right now) provided the weather cooperates. My plan was wake up on Saturday morning and if the weather looks good, head out to Mt Rainier (and perhaps stay the night somewhere so I can get some evening / morning shots). If the weather is no good, then I'm thinking about going for a leisurely drive around the Olympic National Park.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back