A few "my first shots of" pics

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to the park again today, cause the weather was just splendid. So i spend a few hours near the ground finding and shooting bugs. Made some shots of bugs i didnt see this year yet :)
And here they are:
#1 My first "i havent got a clue what it is, but it was really tiny" shot
Park089.jpg

Park090.jpg

#3 My first "OMG this bee got a buttload of mites" shot
Park091.jpg

#4 My first "Ladybug" shot
Park092.jpg

Park093.jpg

#6 My first "Snail" shot
Park094.jpg

#7 My first "Tiny little spider of this kind" shot
Park095.jpg

#8 My first "Wild butterfly" shot
Park096.jpg

#9 My first "second ladybug i saw this year" shot
Park097.jpg

And yes, more pics can be found on www.daanschouwe.nl
Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Lovely "firsts"! And the "second" is good, too.
They are all good, of course! No technical flaws, nothing of the kind.
And some are even wonderfully GREEN!!!!!! :clap:

Thanks for the comments everone :)
just x joey: when investing in a macro lens, its best to invest in good lighting too. These are shot with a 430EX with a Lumiquest difuser on it. Makes a world of difference when shooting with a flash. You can also buy a ringflash, but that was a little too expensive for me :)
KOrmechea: ive been reading up on the mites and they dont do anything for the bees as far as i have read. They dont feed on the host itself, but the mites go to the mouthparts of the bee and eat along. So if there are alot of mites, the bee doesnt get enough food in its belly and get weakened and in the end even die.

that second lady bug (9) is amazing.
Beautiful.

Dani.

Hi!

Great shots Daan! I pretty much like them all, but especially 4 and 5. #5 is sharp as hell! :lol:
Watch your levels and contrast here and there (#3)

I'm thinking of investing in a 430EX myself, but those are quite expensive as well... And big... :)

Thanks for the kind replies :)
And yes, i am very addicted :D Went out again today, processing the pics now. Hope this is the last outgoing for now, cause i really need to learn. Got exams in 2 weeks :er:
Well, the 430 is cheaper then the 580 ;) But yeah, it can cost a few pennies. On the other end, you can get some priceless pics with it :)

Most reactions

Back