Hate my T6i... help me downgrade G7x?

Some thoughts on the battery:

Some cameras just use the battery faster than others.
Buy a spare battery, which is what I do for all of my cameras.

Using the flash will drain the battery faster than not using the flash.
So indoors vs. outdoor shooting makes a difference.

If the LCD is set to stay on for a long time, after you shoot the picture, it will drain the battery faster than if the on time is shorter.

Constantly looking through the photos you shot will drain the battery faster.

If the LCD is set to "bright" that will also drain the battery faster.

The recent reply is well-timed......

So I finally was able to escalate things with Canon. After getting their attention on Twitter, and being passed along to 3 or 4 tech support people, I finally (though some tantruming) got escalated to someone who passed my images along to engineering. And it turns out I'm not a sh*tty photographer! The camera is indeed defective. I'm shipping it back and they're sending me a replacement. That all finally got resolved this week, too late for Christmas probably, and I'm sad to have lost a year of cute kid pics, but glad it's resolved and that I was not just crazy/taking bad pics.

Result! It's a shame that you've had to struggle for a year before actually getting anything done. I would have hoped that Canon's inital response would have been better.

Thanks! I did manage to get a decent Christmas card shot at least, though you wouldn't want to enlarge it.

I find this all very strange that Canon would behave in this way. (not saying it didn't happen) but if there is one thing about Canon that few people can argue is that they have some of the best customer service in the industry.

I have dealt with them on a few occasions for issues I was having and they were always more than ready to send me a pre-paid shipping label to send my gear to them for evaluation. In all cases I feel they identified the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. Now i'm not saying in all cases they di this free of charge but they did do was was reasonable for my circumstances. Im not sure why you had such a different experience but it should not be considered the norm.

I hope the new camera works out much better for you.

I find this all very strange that Canon would behave in this way. (not saying it didn't happen) but if there is one thing about Canon that few people can argue is that they have some of the best customer service in the industry.

this is how they handled the 7Dmii focusing issue, they still have yet to make a statement and/or recall them for the repair.

this is how they handled the 7Dmii focusing issue, they still have yet to make a statement and/or recall them for the repair.

I was just about to say that.

Momma, I'm coming home!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back