A Few Photos For C&C

Yeah I think ND filters are greatly needed for moving water shots lol. Thankyou manaheim, I took heed of your suggestion, here is a slightly sharpened version:

Birdiescopy.jpg

I would do more... quite a bit more, in fact. (to be honest, I think you may have missed the focus by a hair or the birds moved ever so slightly... the latter is most likely the case but I can't see your shutter speed so I'm guessing.)

Just dorking around with it on your original I did a 125% smart sharpen at 1.2 pixel radius, gaussian. Really made a difference.

how did you hdr the birds? i imagine even one shot right after the other, the birds would have moved at least a tiny bit. did you just take one exposure, and overexpose and underexpose it and save them separately?

EDIT: great pics btw.

Thanks again, manaheim, and again you were right. Here is a much more sharpened version, I hope that's alright.

And Dionysus, thankyou for the compliment, the HDR was done with the one photo I took that was slightly overexposed (I purposefully do that with all my photos, it tends to help retain more shadow and highlight information). I took it into AdobeRAW, saved one version as slightly underexposed, one overexposed, and one just right. I then took them into Photomatix and did a gentle HDR on them.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words!
Birdiescopy-3.jpg

i wonder how i can save different raw formats on pse 6. as it is now, if i make changes to a raw file, it saves the changes to autoload everytime i load that raw file, and when i try to save it as a diff name, it only gives me the option to save it as a .dng file, and not as a cr2 file...hmmm..

i wonder how i can save different raw formats on pse 6. as it is now, if i make changes to a raw file, it saves the changes to autoload everytime i load that raw file, and when i try to save it as a diff name, it only gives me the option to save it as a .dng file, and not as a cr2 file...hmmm..

If it's like PSCS3, it stores an XML file with the same name as the image in the directory where the RAW file is stored. I believe that holds all the record of what you have done with that raw file, and if you delete it, those settings are lost. I have not tested this theory, mind you, but I'm pretty certain I am correct. (files may be hidden, btw)

great shots.. a lil out of my league for C&C but i will say the water in 2 looks kinda like CG (computer generated).. not sure if thats good or bad though. good work on the hdr

Thankyou DavidSR and Austriker, I really appreciate it. Dionysus, what Manaheim said about the RAW file is correct, what I do is save the exposures as TIFs, as they don't have to be saved as RAWs. I guess DNGs would be the same, give it a play around a little I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back