A Few Photos From Today

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
one of my students recently bought his first DSLR, and he wanted to go out with me to get some tips, as he had no idea how to use the functions of his camera.. so we went out, taught him a lot, and got some decent photos at the same time... and to be totally honest, I finally figured out the stupid waterfall look... i've been trying for ever, and just wasnt getting good results.. but today, i got it.. turns out i was dropping the shutter WAYYY to much... now we dont really have a waterfall here, but there is a small river with some rapids, so I just practiced on that.. i'm very glad that I finally figured it out.. it was really upsetting me.. anyways, heres a few shots from today.. I shot them all with my nifty fifty simply because its such a nice crisp lens.

click for full resolution

1)

2)

3)

the first picture is so clear that i thought that the picture is fake photoshop edited or something. but seeing it in full screen i was wrong..

#! I like water to look like such, not plastic; I would up the shutter speed myself.

#2 Is out of focus & has no interest for me.

#3 I think would look better if the foreground railing was in focus fading away rather than the focus in the middle.

Numero uno is just so neat to me...its crazy that you did that without photo editing!

really great shot for number one, i love that water effect and congrats on finally getting it..

number two is pretty decent, kind of a lower quality than your usual shots (in my rook observation) but i think it is a bit out of focus but otherwise good.

number 3 is good as well and i kind of like the oddly placed focus inthe middle. seems everyone has strong focus in those types of shots on the foreground and this is a nice break from teh norm

It's strange, but I like the pipe the most. I try to be profound all of the time, so it's probably the simplicity of the shot that captures me.

As for the river, I think cropping out the still portions of the water might add to that surreal look a bit more. Right now, there are some tiny portions that don't quite match the rapids.

i have problems with WB, but for some reason, I said to myself when i saw the third one "WB is a little off."

maybe im wrong.. maybe coz like i said, i have problems with WB as well.

anyways.. i think the third one is great, but a little underexposed. it woulda been better if the whole bar/rail was focused.

i have problems with WB, but for some reason, I said to myself when i saw the third one "WB is a little off."

maybe im wrong.. maybe coz like i said, i have problems with WB as well.

anyways.. i think the third one is great, but a little underexposed. it woulda been better if the whole bar/rail was focused.

i dropped the saturation, maybe that why you think the WB is off

It's strange, but I like the pipe the most. I try to be profound all of the time, so it's probably the simplicity of the shot that captures me.

oddly enough its my favorite too.. i'm not sure why.. and its actually not a typical shot for me (as austriker mentions) i was just walking by the wall and saw the textures in it, and decided to give it a whirl... the clarity is boosted up like crazy on it.. but i like it that way.. just really brings out the textures

Most reactions

New Topics

Back