A few pics in Tenerife

paulg1979

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to photography and have been practising in Tenerife. Any comments or advice would be much appreciated.

IMG_2859.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

Paul

Dear paul,

looking at your first two shots, it doesnt seem at all that you're a beginner ! great composition for the first one - very well done. just see if you can find a more dramatic cloud formation the next time, so to add to the wide stretch of sky in the mid.

nice silhouette on the second one, just wish the lamp post on the left didnt get completely cropped off; this one looks a bit overexposed to my eyes...

to be frank, I'm not fond of the third... its more of a snap-shooter shot. try composing frames that most people wont take. there's a large empty sky and foreground conveying almost nothing at all.

fourth is rather innovative; since there aren't too many vibrant colors, I would like to see it in B&W.

well done all in all ! keep up the good work ! :)

Hi sayambhu,

Thanks for all your advice and comments. I totally agree with you on all comments. I wouldn't of thought about things like making sure lamposts are still in pics and wasted sky areas. Looking back on them now I understand. I'll send a B&W pic of the sparrow in a sec.

Thanks

Paul

Heres the bird in B&W and a few more pics.

IMG_2902_2.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

holy hell the next three photographs are 300 times better than the last ones !!! where were these ?! how come you didnt post them before ??? cmon paul you aren't an amateur at all - you shoot better than many good people I've met !

right, now B&W for the sparrow look okay to me, however, I have a darn feeling now that the texture on its body was more prominent in color. the B&W needs a bit more light and contrast, which I'll do for you.

the pigeon is a great one. its like a nostalgic photograph to me - when I was a very little kid, I used to go around shooting everything around my house, including these birds, with my small kodak film camera to learn photography ! really beautiful !

third is good again, barring the fact that the ship in the foreground has mixed uniformly into the silhouette. shall fix that one up for you too. remember to get the full mast the next time (some got cropped out from the top)... and straighten your photograph unless you want to make an intentional dramatic angle.

the fourth one is perhaps the best of the lot. tell me, where did you shoot these - the very first one and the last one of your post ? were they somewhere in coastal Spain ? the architecture looks like that. really beautiful. you've been damn lucky to have been to these places ! I would have a subject on the long block on the left of the last photograph.. a bird may be, or a lady leaning on it (careful she doesnt fall over !). if not these, then just a flower or a cup of coffee :)

wonderful shots ! very well done !

is the color better ?

IMG_ss.jpg

sorry about the crude texture.. it was a huge file after editing, I had to brutally compress it...

Thanks again for all the nice positive comments and advice. I just need to take your advice and make sure i'm not chopping the tops off of objects and take a step back next time. These are the sort of things I don't think about when taking pictures but will do in future.

The pics were all taken in Tenerife which is one of the canary islands (close to the spanish coast.)

I could of got my fiancee to sit on the wall but she probably would have been a bit wary off falling off.

If you could edit my pictures that would be excellent. Look forward to seeing them.

Thanks.

Yes the colours are really good in that? Its also brought out the detail in the picture too. Like it!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back