A few pictures from a recent Shoot C & C if you wish!

Sachphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys I haven't put any pics up for a while now so thought I would throw up some from a recent shoot I did.

Shoot with my DIY ringlight 28-70 f/2.8
DSC_6744.jpg

Shoot with 1 flash on right and one on left at full power. Light is a little harder than I would like.
DSC_6869.jpg

Taken with natural light and speedlight bounced of the left wall for a little fill.
DSC_6814.jpg

I was happy with the day. I was trying some new things including a Ringlight I put together that produces well. I was a little unhappy with the harshness of the light and have purchased some new modifiers to use next time.

So..... 65 views and nobody says a word...... Do you just hate me or what?

I swear this forum is really developing into a "let's see who has the biggest lens" place...

Quantity over quality.

Here are my thoughts:

First image is the best of the group, but is a little burned out in the lower right corner.

Second image is a little confusing, the faces seem to float amongst the blackness around them.

The third image I find the arm to be a bit too much, I wouldn't have shot this subject like that and looking at all the other images, it's the same pose pretty much.

Thanks for posting.

Here are my thoughts:

First image is the best of the group, but is a little burned out in the lower right corner.

Second image is a little confusing, the faces seem to float amongst the blackness around them.

The third image I find the arm to be a bit too much, I wouldn't have shot this subject like that and looking at all the other images, it's the same pose pretty much.

Thanks for posting.

The Background of the first was meant to be a little overexposed.
As far as the second, Do you think that the background should not be so blacked out?

What position would you have shot the subject? Sometimes it can be tough to develop a flattering pose for people.

I'd be okay with the background being blacked out if you could see the two left subject's bodies more, they fade into the background too much.

I would have at least shot the other side of her face and tried to get a different expression.

I swear this forum is really developing into a "let's see who has the biggest lens" place...

Quantity over quality.

Here's one of mine at 107 views. I happen to think it's a pretty decent pic, but no comments. I try to throw out a few "atta boy" once in a while, but I mostly like to pick a subject I find interesting and possibly provide feedback through an edit or an area of my knowledge. I realistically comment on about 1 in 10 images that I view. I am sure most people are the same.

Anyhow, the first two are very competent exposures. My personal preference would be to have less blending into the background in shot 2. The third shot is soft and very yellow. It's too bad that she chose a top with those sleeves as it shows the texture on her upper arm. You could attempt to PP that out. All three poses seem to be a very similar angle. A shot from above, getting them to look up might be more flattering.

Don't get discouraged over the lack of comments. You can take it two ways:
1 - they are competent enough that no one can point out any serious deficiencies.
2 - they don't have a wow factor

Quantity over quality.

Here's one of mine at 107 views. I happen to think it's a pretty decent pic, but no comments. I try to throw out a few "atta boy" once in a while, but I mostly like to pick a subject I find interesting and possibly provide feedback through an edit or an area of my knowledge. I realistically comment on about 1 in 10 images that I view. I am sure most people are the same.

Anyhow, the first two are very competent exposures. My personal preference would be to have less blending into the background in shot 2. The third shot is soft and very yellow. It's too bad that she chose a top with those sleeves as it shows the texture on her upper arm. You could attempt to PP that out. All three poses seem to be a very similar angle. A shot from above, getting them to look up might be more flattering.

1 - they are competent enough that no one can point out any serious deficiencies.

yeah. what he said.

Now back to the size of my lens... are we talking length or girth?

p!nK

Quantity over quality.

Point taken. It has been a very looooonnng months full of issues and I am very irritable. I would like to apologize to everyone. I've been screwed twice over purchase online and a number of other things. But anywho....

Yes the last one is a tad yellow and I pointed that out but she liked it like that! I to recommend a different top as it was not very flattering. One thing I have learned is that in the end you can throw all the rules out of the window and if the customers has what they want then it is good. In this case for all the pictures I did they were very happy and liked everything they got even if I did not. Posting here was more th share the work and see what people had to say. Thank you to those who have spoken.

yeah. what he said.
Now back to the size of my lens... are we talking length or girth?
p!nK

Coming from the guy who's name is Mr Pink.... LOL

and um..... girth.... Im thinking the 200mm f/2 ;)

LOL then again it is nicknamed stubby /\/\/\ LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back